Chapter Thirty-Three: M...Movie?

~Frames from the past and the memory of you just comes running back~Nothing Like Them - Loving Caliber

Nothing Like Them - Loving Caliber

~Third Person POV~

Jessica has to wait to get up off the floor, only because the speedster had thrown Sara and Nate on top of her. Her torso throbs with the pain from the extra weight on her still healing ribs. She groans and pushes lightly at the two people on top of her. They quickly scramble to their feet, causing Jessica to wheeze as they push against her while they stand.

"We have to go," Nate tells us before he runs off toward the bridge. Sara turns to Jessica as she stands and rubs her head.

"You okay?" She asks. Jessica glances back at her torso for a split second before nodding a 'yes' to Sara, but Sara knows she's in pain.

"Cloaking shield disengaged," Gideon announces.

"That's not good," Sara mutters to herself.

"Cargo bay door now opening," Gideon gives another announcement.

"That's really not good," Sara talks to herself again. "Can you fight?" She turns to Jessica who bows and crows as a battle-ready soldier.

"Alright," Sara grabs a pistol from her hip and leads the way. Just before they round a corner, a gunshot fires and Jessica and Sara jump back. They press against the wall to keep from getting shot.

"Guys, could use a little help here," Sara calls for help through the comms. "Jess, once we clear this area, I need you to go out there and try to find Stein." She takes a moment to think. "Go get me some tape. Fast."

Jessica runs off and comes back only moments later with a roll of black duct tape. Sara takes the comm link from her ear and sticks it in Jessica's, using the tape to secure it in place so she can't lose contact with the team. Ray and Nathan join the two women in the halls outside the cargo bay.

"Steel up," Sara commands. Nathan does so and both men stand out in the middle of the hall, allowing the intruders to fire all their ammunition at them.

"Isn't that just like a thug?" Ray asks with a silly, deep voice. "Brings a Tommy gun to an ion blaster fight." Ray powers up and shoots down the two strangers.

As soon and Jessica sees a clear shot, she bolts through the hall and to the cargo bay. She sprints as fast as her scaled legs can take her as she thinks through the situation.

Stein wasn't in that warehouse. Not long, anyways. And the bad guy from this time isn't on the ship... where could he be?