~Chapter Fifty-Eight: I Deserved That~

~ We're in the home stretch of the high timesWe took a hard left, but we're alright~The Bones - Maren Morris

We took a hard left, but we're alright~
The Bones - Maren Morris

~3rd Person POV~

"This is crazier than any of my crazy theories!" Nathan exclaims from the passenger seat of the van. "You're trying to tell me a group called 'The Legion of Doom' you something called it 'Spear of Destiny' to rewrite reality? Who even names something 'Legion of Doom'?"

"You did," Mick answers.

"Me?" Nate is in disbelief. "Now, do you only remember the old reality because you're part of the Legion?"

"I'm not part of anything," Mick answers. "I just made a terrible mistake."

The rest of the car ride is taken in silence as Nathan tries to wrap his head around the situation. Trying to figure out both the past reality and the current and what might be going through Mick's head.

It's not long before they return to an apartment a couple blocks away from star labs. Mick quietly leads Nathan inside and for some unknown reason, the front door is left unlocked. They walk inside to find their answer: Star Labs janitor, Ray Palmer, was too excited to get to his alien-destroying video game to remember to lock his front door.

"You filthy aliens!" He says through clenched teeth at the tv screen.

"Come on, wait a minute," Nate is unimpressed. "This is the guy who's gonna fix reality?"

"Uh-huh," Mick is confident in his choice of person.

"Uh who are you guys, and, um, what are you doing here?" Ray asks, slightly intimidated by the two strangers standing in his home.

"We need your help," Mick answers, while simultaneously not answering Ray at all.

"What do you got, like, a clogged toilet or something? 'Cause, you know, I'm I'm off duty now," Ray explains.

Mick groans in annoyance, "You're not a janitor."

"Yeah, I am, man," Ray argues. "It says so on my name... On my name tag." Ray searches lightly but panicky for his name tag.

"You're a geek, a nerd, a genius," Mick explains. "That's why we're here."

"Oh, is this about the dipole magnets that I borrowed from S. T. A. R. Labs?" Ray asks knowing he probably shouldn't have done so. "Cause I'm totally gonna return those."

"Look, man, he said you're the one that could fix this reality," Nate restates.

"Fix this reality?" Ray asks. "What do you mean? You guys think there's something wrong too?"