t w e n t y s i x

Start from the beginning

It really seemed like it did not bother him at all.

"Doesn't it hurt?" I asked, as I got into the middle seat of the car.

The twins sat left and right next to me, while Jon went in next to the driver.

"This baby bruise?" He scoffed, eyeing me, when he saw my worried expression he only mumbled. "It hurt at first, it's a bruise, but now it's fine."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, fidgeting around with my fingers. "It is my fault."

"Xander likes it to get beaten, he is that kind of person." Elijah tried to lighten the mood, only to get a glare from Xander.

"Fucking bullshit." He groaned out, rolling his eyes.

A small smile appeared on my lips.

"So who is this guest?" I asked, I was sick of this secretive game.

"He wants to say it himself, sorry we can't tell you." Jon stated, giving me an encouraging look.

"Well, is he important? Because I wear a Princess Peach costume and there is blood on my legs." I popped my lips, not really comfortable facing anyone looking like this.

"Wait, you're injured?!" Elijah gasped, as well as Jon.

Jon turned around and stared at my knees in disbelief, Elijah just started babying me.

"How did this happen?" Xander cringed, with furrowed eyebrows.

"Victor let me fall on the ground." I simply said.

"HE DID WHAT?" Jon's voice startled the driver for a second. "THIS IDIOT OF AN IDIOT. WHEN THIS MAN IS GONE I AM GOING TO YEET HIM AGAINST THE GROUND!"

"Wow, I never knew Jon could scream." Elijah whispered in my ear.

"He can and he will." Jon assured himself.

The rest of the drive was quiet. Nobody said a word anymore.

I bit the insides of my cheeks, thinking about who I might meetin a few minutes. It gave me the creeps.

The driver parked in front of our house. He wished us a good night, I thanked him and wished him the same before leaving the car.

I hope mine will be as good as his.

Our house looked as clean as usual, a lot of men stood in our hallway. Black sunglasses, black suits and very bulky.

I followed my three brothers into the dining room. The room greeted us with various smells, our table was filled with so much food, my eyes widened a bit.

When I gazed at the people sitting around the table, I saw Caleb, Victor and an unknwohn old man.

I gazed at him for a brief second, his face was very smilar to Jon's and Caleb's.

His gray hair was comped to the side. His also gray beard looked clean and stylish, while his black suit made him look dangerous.

"Who do we have her?" his voice was raspy. "The famous run away."

He looked me over from head to toe, while the others sat down already, I still stayed near the door frame.

"Introduce yourself." Victor's eyes pierced thorugh me.

"I am Lilith." The only words that left my mouth, but it didn't feel like my own words. I felt weird.

"I know who you are." His tone was mocking, his glances at me felt humiliating.

"You are?"

I was pissed, so pissed.

All the sad emotions and the grief inside me, bunched together to anger. This man wanted to see me so bad, so why is he acting like I invited him over.