Battles and wrong words said

Y/ns POV:

All of us soon finished lunch just before the bell rang. Good timing I guess.

"Hey y/n you said you came from America right?" I turned to my left to look at Uraraka while we were all walking back to class. "Yes that's right, why did you ask?" "Is it really different over there? Are prices cheaper than here in Japan?" Why was she just asking me this? "Well um, it is really different street wise and the things over there are actually pretty cheap if you compare it to over here." She looked like she was thinking.

"Is something wrong Uraraka?" She looked back at me and got out of her daze. "No. it's just I'm really only becoming a hero for money to help my parents. We've always been pretty low on money." Now she looked sad, her mood had changed so quickly.

"Uraraka didn't we talk about this already with Midoriya!" Woah Iida came out of nowhere! But he was walking to class with us so I guess it's pretty reasonable. "Y-yeah we did I just wanted to get y/ns opinion on it!" She talked back. Soon our whole group was in the conversation.

"W-well um why do you all want to be heroes ?" I asked to lighten up the conversation. "You all already heard mine" Uraraka said. "I want to become a hero to help everyone and save people" Iida responded with a very easy remark. "I want to be a hero to save people that I love and be number one to make everyone happy" Izuku said while smiling at his feet as he walked. "I want to be a hero to be remembered when I'm gone kero" Tsu responded with a kind of sad answer, but still good.

Then they all turned towards me. "Uh-uh why don't we listen to Shoto's answer!" I said while moving my arms around panicking. We all faced the quiet boy who didn't respond. "Um Todoroki we were talking to you kero" Tsu asked him again.

Once he looked up he looked very cold and gloomy towards all of us. "I'd rather not talk about it." And he looked back down again. What happened, when I left he was never like this. "Y/n then?" Uraraka inturedpted my thoughts. "Oh I uh want to become a hero to save the people that I love and make the world a better place." I answered truthfully. "Wow that's a great answer y/n maybe, I will think like you later on!" Uraraka was even more hyped. "Yeah I hope so, but just be yourself." She smiled.

I looked back at Shoto and he looked even sadder that before. I'm pretty sure I was the only one who could see that, I have known him since we were kids. A lot had changed. His scars, his quirk, my skills, and maybe even our friendship. We got to class anyways and it had begun. Maybe this would be the first training test!

"Right now we are getting close to UAs exams. There will only be 3 top spots on the podiums to see who is the winner this year." Mr. Aizawa spoke. Hmmm this seems interesting. "So with that said" he stood up "put your gym uniforms on and meet me on the field." Everyone including me stood up and ran to our changing rooms.

Out on the field

Mr. Aizawa was already there waiting for us like he said he would and had a black notebook in his hand. "During class I made a list of who would be going up against each other. Here is the list and first runners up."

The list:

. Mezo vs. Tokoyami

. Kirishima vs. Bakugou

. Asui vs. Ashido

. Kaminari vs. Midoriya

. Yayorozu vs. Aoyama

. Ojiro vs. Hakugure

. Sato vs. Jirou

. Iida vs. Mineta

. Uraraka vs. Sero

. L/n vs. Todoroki

I saw the last names on the list and oh boy am I in danger. I mean I haven't actually seen Shoto in action with his two quirks yet but I know they had gotten stronger. Oh well I have amazing combat skills so I should be able to nail this.

"Alright first up Mezo and Tokoyami, everyone else take a seat." The two boys got up and went in the center of the field. As they started let's just say Tokoyamis dark shadow nearly destroyed the battle field. Making him the victor.

Before everyone knew it the next and last battle was between Shoto and I. "Well it's now or never" I whispered quietly to myself. We both got ready in a stance and waited for the call. "I'm going to win Shoto" I said. "I don't think so" he smirked slightly just for me to see. Oh it is on!

He was blasting his ice at and around me while I was quickly dodging them before the hit. I tried to get as close as I can to him whenever his ice starts to hurt but it hasn't worked. Yet! The moment was near and while his guard was slightly down I kicked him in his knee and punched his gut. "Ow sorry Sho." I looked at him lying on the ground. He groaned and held his stomach. "Don't be" then he moved his feet from the bottom of me and I fell on my back. Hard might I add.

Before I could get up he blocked me both sides with his ice and landed on top of me. Our faces were nearly inches apart and I felt my cheeks heat up as I realized what position we were in. Best day of my life right in front of the whole class! Next thing I know I said something that would trigger Shoto.

"So what happened to Touya?" His eyes widened in shock. I used this to get on top of him and held him down. He wasn't even trying to get up! "Y/n has one this battle" Mr. Aizawa announced. So obviously I got up and held my hand out. Shoto was hesitant but still obliged.

"Here are the people that one each battle".

Winners.

. Tokoyami

.Bakugou

. Ashido

. Midoriya

. Yayorozu

. Ojiro

. Jirou

. Iida

. Sero

. L/n

"Alright let's head to class the bell is about to ring." "WHAT?!?!" We all ran with the wind to go change from our sweaty uniforms.

After School

I ran up to Shoto as he was leaving the school. "Hey wait up!" But he kept walking. "Shoto hey!" I finally caught up and grabbed his shoulder. "Hey why were you-" "Leave me alone." "What?" "You heard me, leave me alone." "But why what did I do wro-" "Please y/n just go!" He stopped and balled up his fists. "Goodbye" then he walked away again.

What happened? Was it something I said?
______________________________________