Renskall • "I cheated death and now he wants a divorce"

Requested by Jeina58
Tw: shipping is involved. Wc: About 639 words
Background: Set during season 6, right after Iskall won dense
Thank you to Jeina58 for kindly proofreading this chapter! <3
It's a bit shorter than usual but I think I'll do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iskall wandered through the shopping district. His mind was full of thoughts, as he replayed the events that happened earlier. Only one thought stood out to him "He had won demise".

Iskall chuckled, as he thought of how Grian had announced it to him. The explosion hadn't killed him, but it had nearly given him a heart attack. He smiled as he launched a rocket, launching himself right into the air. He headed to the top of Sahara.

Upon landing on Sahara's roof, Iskall walked to one of its sides and sat down. His legs dangled off the roof as he looked around him. So much had been built, it was amazing how it all came together.

The season was definitely going to leave an amazing memory mark in his past, just like all the other previous seasons he'd been part of. Hermitcraft was truly an amazing place for him, it had changed him and for the better. To be fair, Iskall couldn't imagine himself in a better place, than he already was.

Iskall snapped out of his trail of thoughts, as he heard the sounds of spammed rockets behind him. He turned his head, just in time to see Ren crash onto the roof. Ren gave a small groan as he lifted himself back onto his feet.

"Ren, what brings you here?" Iskall warmly asked. Iskall gestured to Ren, to sit next to him.

Ren quietly coughed, awkwardness had filled his veins. He took a deep breath. Iskall kindness always took the breath out of him. He shook his head before he said. "Iskall, since you cheated death and won demise," Ren paused before continuing.

"I demand a divorce," Ren half-demanded as he walked over to Iskall, sitting down next to him. A mischievous gleam, shimmered in Ren's eyes. Iskall blinked in confusion, as he analysed what Ren had just told him.

"Wait, a second..." Iskall wondered in his mind. Some words from what Ren had said, had stood out to him.

"I cheated death and now he wants a divorce."

"Ren...we're not even married. How can we get a divorce if we're not married," Iskall chuckled. He glanced at Ren and saw that Ren had in fact, become quite flustered when he said that.

"We just will...somehow," Ren mumbled looking away, his face quite flushed. His legs tangled over the edge of Sahara's roof.

"Well, I think I know something better than a divorce," Iskall said, grabbing Ren's hands and pulling him closer to him. He slowly leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Ren froze for a minute or so, before he broke into a wide smile and returned the kiss.

The sun was starting to set down, so it showered them with the soft, evening glow. Iskall gazed at Ren's eyes, who in return softly laid his head on Iskall's lap. Iskall laughed as he ran his fingers down Ren's hair.

They stayed like this for a good couple of minutes, both of them enjoying each other's company. Eventually though, Iskall mumbled, "Shall we go back to our bases?"

Ren lifted his head and looked at Iskall. "Sure," Ren smiled, knowing that they're mostly likely to continue the cuddling later.

Iskall chuckled as he stood up. Putting his elytra on, he fired a rocket launching himself into the air. He hovered in the air, as he waited for Ren to follow him.

Naturally, Ren followed Iskall's actions. Once in the air, both of them flew themself back to Iskall's base. Most likely to continue their cuddling for the rest of the night...and perhaps the morning as well.

-AquaticMcFan
Thanks for reading!