Doc • Black Holes

CharoletteBuurn, my oneshot for the writing competition.
I do apologise for any spelling/grammar mistakes.
Tw: none / Wc: About  1.5K ( 1550 words)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prologue:
In a laboratory far away from the mainland of Hermitcraft. In a lab that was half broken from all the experiments. A scientist was planning a discovery. A discovery that could either be the diamonds or the demise of his life.

It was dangerous, but he was prepared to take the risk. He was willing to demise his life. But the question would be would he actually succeed or would he fail?

It was difficult to say, the chances were at stake. But who knows, only time could tell....only time could tell the answers of this discovery. Only time could give us the results of our questions....only time could tell.

Doc (scientist) Pov:
I'm on a breaking discovery, a discovery that will never be forgotten in the history of science. Something so incredible, it will be a phenomenon if it functions.

In the history of science, no one has ever developed a way of making ordinary things become alive. It is something that many wish to invent, but no one has ever achieved.

But today an exceptional thing may occur. I, Doc, may have invented the invention that will make everything come alive and have a humanoid brain and body.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I may have invented such a machine that will make everything alive. And all in my very old and dusty, but glorious lab. It may be full of dusty books and leaflets. There may be cobwebs and stains from experiments. It may not be in the nicest conditions, but it still produces marvellous ideas for this brain of mine.

As my first experiment, I'm going to actually leave the lab. I'm actually going to travel into another dimension that is part of Hermitcraft otherwise known as the void. To look for a creation. A creation that every scientist alive wonders about its existence and formation. Something that is known for its endless pit of gravitation. With particles of large clamps of masses. In other words two black holes. And those black holes will be my first experiments.

So for that reason, I'm going to have to travel to the void.

Going into the void may be seen as a difficult thing to do. Perhaps it was 10 000 years ago. But fortunately for us, we're in the modern era of discoveries and experiments. As time has passed void travel has also improved.

But of course, it won't all be roses and sunshine. There will be some troubles and difficulties. According to my good friend Xisumavoid, who has been there frequently and has provided me with many vivid and detailed information about the void. Finding the black holes won't be extremely difficult. That is quite reassuring.

Now to go and find the location of the portal to enter the depths of the void.

As I leave my lab. I started heading west and eventually met a jungle that was very quiet for whatever reason. Almost as if someone had killed all the pesky birds. No, I meant parrots. Parrots, Doc, parrots.

I must blame Grian for the addiction to call them pesky birds, really.

Anyway, I passed the jungle and Scar's snail. I eventually reached the ocean. After that, I only had to travel 2000 miles into the depths of the ocean. It was a calm, sunny day, thankfully.
When I reached those numbers, I found the island that contained the end portal. The portal that would take me to depths of the end. I was jumping with excitement by now.