Chapter 1 - Pandemic

Chapter 1

Josephine

"Hero. Seriously mum. Hero Fiennes-Tiffin of all people."

"Come on Jo it's all I could find on such short notice. Blame your terrible planning." She says.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and close my eyes and sigh before answering "I planned perfectly mum. I just didn't plan for a pandemic. Just text me his number please. I have to go. Bye mum."

"Josephi-" I hang up and sigh before sitting on the bench in Heathrow airport. I look down at my phone as I receive a text from Mercy apologizing again for not being able to accommodate me because her roommate has an autoimmune disease and is extremely vulnerable. I respond and tell her it's fine I know it's not her fault. I close my eyes again and groan this has to be the most frustrating situation I've ever been in. This was suppose to be a girls trip to unwind, shop and catch up, but shit hit the fan and we're in the middle of a global pandemic. While I was on my flight from Australia to London the world basically closed down. I can't fly back home. I can't stay with the one person I know that lives in London and I can't book a hotel. My phone lights up as I receive a message from my mum with Hero's information.

I sigh again. Hero. My childhood family 'friend' emphasis on friend and Mercy's dick of an older brother. We grew up spending nearly every summer together since our families  always met up for summer vacations in London, Australia or occasionally we'd all fly to America and spend the summer there.
I had a crush on Hero for years growing up but he was two years older than me and always treated me like a little sister. The summer I was 17 I had a boyfriend when Mercy and Hero came to Australia with their parents and Felix. For obvious reasons we did not spend as much time together that summer as we usually did plus Patrick, my boyfriend wasn't a fan of Hero. Anyway one night Patrick and I got into a really bad argument I ended up running into Hero at the beach where he found me crying, and he was really sweet to me one thing led to another and we ended up hooking up that night. The next morning we both agreed it was a mistake and we'd never talk about it again. Hero being the fuckboy he is told Felix we slept together and the rest was history. Mercy found out. Katherine found out. Both of our parents found out. And Patrick found out, it was horrible. I stopped speaking to Hero and Felix, I only talk to Mercy now I mean obviously she's my best friend and the reason I'm even considering moving to London. All of that was three years ago Patrick and I are still together now. Kinda. I guess. I don't know. And I haven't spoken to Hero since that summer. Now he's the only place that I can stay at during the quarantine.

I go to open my mums message to get Hero's info, when my phone starts to ring.

Maybe: Hero FT. 

I sigh and rolls my eyes "Thanks Siri" I say sarcastically before answering "Hi" I quickly answer.

"Jo. Josephine.. It's Hero, my mum messaged me and told me you needed a place to stay and volunteered me I guess" He says in a heavy British accent.

"Yea, I'm really sorry to just spring it on you I have no where else to go" I say exhausted and defeated.

"It's cool I guess, ..um where are you now do you need me to come get you or can you Uber here? I can send you the address." he says quickly.

"I can take an Uber my mum sent me the address." I say while starting to grab my luggage heading for the exit.

"Cool. I'll see you in like an hour or so. Yeah ?" He says.

"Thanks again Hero. See you soon." I say and hang up. I immediately book an Uber to his place in south London and within a couple minutes I'm in my Uber on my way to Hero's.

**************

Hero

Honestly I'm pretty annoyed at my mum for agreeing to this without asking me first. But after her lecture about how much trouble I caused Josephine three years again I felt slightly guilty. So I agreed to something I didn't actually have any say in.

I'm walking around my condo trying to clean up everything so it's presentable for when Jo comes. I open the balcony door and the windows even though it's chilly and spray some air freshener to get rid of the smell of weed. I don't normally smoke indoors but I had absolutely no plans today and I wasn't expecting anyone to come over.

My mum told me she's going to the grocery store today with Mercy and will drop off some stuff since Jo's coming. After about 20 minutes of cleaning, I think it's presentable enough.

I'm not gonna lie I'm abit anxious to see Jo I pretty much fucked up her relationship the last time I saw her. I mean I didn't do it purposely.

1) I just saw her as a family friend nothing more I still do but I'd be an ass to say she isn't really fucking hot.
2) I was already in Australia for six fucking weeks before that happened. I was horny as fuck.
3) I gave her multiple chances to back out but she insisted she wanted it that's not my fault. I mean I could've fought harder but again six fucking weeks.

I sigh. Telling Felix however was most definitely my fault and that's where the problems started. Then that fucker Patrick tried to fight me. I shake my head. I mean I get why she didn't speak to me I didn't just fuck up her relationship, I also then beat up her boyfriend. I chuckle as I remember it and walk to my bathroom to take a shower. As she's gonna be here any minute now.

————————————————————————
Authors Note.
This is my very first attempt at writing a fan fiction. I just got so tired waiting for more stories so I tried my hand at it.

Please feel free to leave any feedback. I'm willing to learn and take pointers.