Chapter 4: Power Struggles

MEANWHILE: (GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE, SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, USA) [5:49 AM]

All sorts of Civilian vehicles are on the Golden Gate Bridge, from small Sedans to School Busses, RV's, the Captain even saw a Civilian Armored car. He stated to himself, Well, everyone is leaving San Francisco today.

"What's the status of the bridge?" asked Capt. Torn Lake

Commander Mar Incidion pinpointed the major trusses of the bridge. "The evacuation is now out of control," he yelled. "Civvies are abandoning their vehicles. One more hit and this bridge will go down."

One of the anti-air gunners who were supposed to radio in for emergency finally spoke. "Zulu, one got through," he said.

A Xian JH-7 fighter-bomber aircraft launched missiles, hitting the bridge's support beams. Everyone heard them bending over the immense pressure from the evacuees. The Captain was shocked. One civilian casualty was just one too many.

"Holy Shit!" he shouted

The bridge slowly banked to the left, causing the evacuees to run towards the nearest end. A section fell, making cables snap at random people and vehicles.

"Oh my God," Sgt. Tyke said in awe.

A section of the Bridge starts to fall. Soldiers and civilians alike fall off the bridge as its cables snap and hits random people and vehicles

A private tried to get a hold of his grip, but couldn't find anything near him to aid. "Help," he cried, "I'm slipping!"

The Corporal grabbed the private's hand. "Argh," he said, "I got you."

The bridge was in complete disarray. The Commander quickly pressed his earpiece. "Crown," he roared, "The damn bridge is going down! Where the hell is our exfil?"

"Copy that Zulu," Crown replied. "A Chinook was sent to aid you."

"We must stay as long as we can on the Bridge!" shouted Sgt. Dough

The Bridge slowly split into pieces. The Marines and civilians ran away from the bridge while trying to avoid obstructions. An unmanned armored car, however, slowly slides towards them.

It is evident that the Private is losing will to fight "Ah! We'll die!" Pfc. Marcus shouted.

"Just hold on!" Capt. Lake motivated his men.

The Commander gasped in horror. "My God," he cried.

The Sergeant took a closer look and saw the 15 ton battering ram headed their way "A fucking armored car? In a middle of a fucking war zone? Give me a break!" he exclaimed

"Thought you might need a lift Captain Lake," the Chinook pilot said he came in dropping a ladder.

The Marines quickly climbed aboard moments before the historic bridge finally collapsed.

Corporal Baker clears the sweat in his forehead, feeling relieved "Woah! That was close!" he said

The Sergeant saw the damage, cars sinking, steel bars that used to be a part of the colossal bridge "Shit." He said, as it's the only thing that could describe the picture

"Crown! Objective failed! The Bridge went down." Cmdr. Incidion reported

"Okay," Crown replied, disappointed. "But I have new objectives for you and it comes down to this: the Chinese carriers are staging a bombing that runs to your vicinity and many cities near the Coast of California. Your task is to take over their biggest destroyer in the vicinity, The Chan Tsek II. Use their weapons against them and fly the hell back home. We've sent the rest of Zulu 3 onto the battleship. You are to complete this objective as many American lives depend on this."