Chapter 6: Family First

MEANWHILE: (AIR FORCE ONE, SOMEWHERE IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES)

President Richards kept playing with his pen, he spun it like a rotating blade of a windmill while deep thoughts ran through his head. Cold air filled the room as no one refused to talk. He then quickly snapped out, "Is my family airborne yet?" he asked.

Gen. Ronald Mile cleared his throat, he then stood up from a chair adjacent from the President, "Sir, Ramstein is now alerted. They're leaving Germany as we speak." he straightened out his uniform.

"Contact Germany. We need to get my wife and son." The President sounded resolute, he quickly stood up from his chair and pressed his palms at the room's wooden table.

Mile punched in a few buttons on the Presidential telephone, "Sir," he then handed the device to Richards, "the Chancellor of Germany is on the line."

"Good evening Chancellor." Richards sounded dead serious, unlike his previous encounters with the German Chancellor during the G7 Summits.

"Good evening Mister President. I have to inform you that," the Chancellor paused, cold sweat fell from John's forehead even though the room was chilly, "our people maybe under pressure, but still, the Deutschland will not break!" said German Chancellor, Angelina Kohl.

Richards briefly smiled upon hearing the good news, "Good to hear that Madam Kohl." He then sat back to his chair and looked at the noon sky.

"Now, let's talk about how to consolidate and attack, Mr. Richards, yes?"

MEANWHILE: (RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, GERMANY)

The whole base was in chaos, endless patrols of helicopters have been circling the base since the base received word that the First lady and the First son will be arriving soon. They were in Germany in the first place for the purpose of International diplomacy in lieu of her husband. Ever since the terrorist attack on DC occurred, Marlene Richards wanted to board the next flight on-route to see her husband, she felt helpless from the other side of the world. "I want to go home!" she pleaded her Security Chief. He refused her, "You can't ma'am, if there's a threat to the President, that means there's also an imminent threat to you." It ached her not seeing her husband at that time.

As the screeching tires that came to a halt signaled the arrival of their convoy. The Secret Service agents immediately exited their black Chevy Suburbans and secured the perimeters, the First lady and the First son followed suit.

The First lady held the hand of her son as they climbed the cold steel ladder leading to their aircraft. She paused and glanced at her security chief, she leaned closer so she could be heard beneath the loud roar of the aircraft's engines, "How's my husband?" she asked.

"He's headed towards a secure location." answered Senior Special Agent Rhodes. Upon hearing this, the mother and son proceeded towards the aircraft. Even when in pressure, Marlene kept her elegance as the First Lady of the United States.

Marlene and her son Franklin soon entered the well-made aircraft. They were immediately directed to the middle of the plane where their seats were located. It all seemed so fast paced, almost lightning speed, It's all for our good, she reminded herself.

The First lady buckled her son's seat belt, he stopped her, "I can do this mom, I'm already fifteen. Besides, you've done too much today." Marlene brushed Franklin's brown hair similar to his father's.

She gave him a reassuring smile that everything is going to be okay, "Alright," She then kissed her son's forehead then immediately proceeded to her seat beside a window. She then carefully buckled up her seat belt which resulted in a creation of a crease on her fine Navy blue dress.