Chapter 5: Tear down this Terminal

MEANWHILE: (RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT, WASHINGTON DC, USA) [9:12 AM]

Pfc. Ryan Ronn sprinted towards the airport while he dozed back to the Independence Day celebration the year before. Barbecues, Parades, sitting in the grass with the family watching fireworks. Wow, seeing that just made me say I'm proud to be an American. Rekindling this moment reminded him of what he fought for: America and her citizens. He thought to himself, let's push these Russian bastards back to their country where they belong.

Sergeant Tyke and his squad arrived at the service entrance of the airport, where trucks, burnt oil trucks and airport vehicles are destroyed like thrown toy cars; wrecks of US medium to light armor vehicles can be seen in a desperate attempt to rescue the Presidential Chief of Staff. Damn, we need to end this, fast. The heavy arms exchange left the terminal in ruins but the Rangers who went in earlier are trying to hold the line.

Captain Jake Harp dodged a Russian bullet by hiding behind an overturned police car "Shit!" he shouted; he then sees the squad of reinforcements, "Glad you could be with us sergeant!" the Platoon Commander needed to shout in order to be heard in the crowd of gunfire.

Harp patted Sergeant's shoulder, "Sir, what's the SITREP of the Rescue?" asked Sgt. Henry Tyke

"The Russians have anti-armor divisions, our tanks cannot go through! We've sent our recon team earlier, but we believe they've been compromised! Your squads' job are to enter the airport while we hold up the perimeter! Lastly, the HVI is most likely in the security room, second floor." explained Cmdr. Harp as he pointed out the already waiting squad of Rangers awaiting orders.

Private Hike looked at the state of the conflict "What?" he shouted, He's right, two squads going alone is ludicrous.

Sergeant looked stunned "Damn! Okay, what choice do we have." he stated as he forcefully agrees to the Commander. "Squad, you heard the Captain. We'll wait for the go signal" Tyke added, the rest of the squad nods.

Cmdr. Harp quickly grabs his earpiece and radios in for support "You have green light Bravo 2-4. Snipe the Ruskies until they can't get up." The commander stated.

With a quick response the squad leader of the sniper team confirms and Ronn looked up and saw the .50 caliber snipers poising on the windows of the building across the airport "Copy that sir. Let's send them back to Moscow."

Moments later, sniper shots were fired and the US Snipers quickly eliminated the enemy soldiers defending the Airport Exterior, Ronn said to himself, Shit, here we go.

Cmdr. Harp saw a clear opening and pushed Sergeant Tyke "You're Clear. Go! Go! Go!" the Commander draws up his automatic rifle and gave the orders to the rest of the platoon to push as he provided the squad covering fire. He and Sonny chucked while they both entered the gates of the airport. Welcome to the gates of hell.

A Russian rocket soldier then quickly aimed from the windows and fired, moments later the round closely whizzed past Cpl. Turner, Whew, Damn that was close. Ronn saw the explosive round. "RPG, Get down!" The Sniper Squad commander screamed, no one in the ground can do anything but watch.

The RPG Round instantly exploded upon contact and quickly killed the majority of the Snipers covering Ronn's squad, everyone in the platoon heard the wailing of the snipers for assistance. Moments later, Bravo 2-2 enters the terminal doors, Ronn cannot believe they've just broken through after a parade of bullets that greeted them. Shit, shit, we broke through, after all that gunfire.

Moments later, Commander Harp radioed in command "Damn, Crown, this is Bravo 2! Eagles down! I repeat, Eagles down! Request immediate reinforcements!" he shouted