Not Worthless

A/N: Hi! I hope you like this chapter. Thanks, @ClareBachmayer for requesting the prompt for this chapter. 

Thanks, @tom_haz for helping me with this chapter and with the flashback.

Dawn's POV

I wake up at 9:00 am, because I'm suspended. I rub my eyes, forgetting that I have a huge, purple bruise on one of them. Ow!  I crawl out of bed and go to the bathroom. I see my black eye and lip. The lip is all healed up, but the black eye looks worse than it did yesterday. Meanwhile, my nose isn't broken, but it hurts a lot. I lift my pajama shirt up and see the bruises on my back and stomach. Oof. Those don't look too good.  I walk to the closet and pick out some comfy clothes.

  I walk to the closet and pick out some comfy clothes

I go back into the bathroom and do my business. I look up and look at my face in the mirror. Yeesh, I don't look so pretty. Oh, well, I'll be staying home for a week so it's not that bad. I walk down the stairs and meet my parents in the kitchen.

"Morning!" I greet.

"Good morning darling." Tom kisses my forehead. Isabel hugs me. 

"How's your eye?" She asks.

"Not great, it still hurts." I sit down and eat my Eggo waffles. 

"Are you gonna clean today Dawn?" Tom asks.

"Ugh. Yeah, sure I'll clean today." I answer. Tom nods in approval. I finish my food and go get the stuff I need to clean the house. Mind you, our house is not very small, I mean, it's Tom Holland's home. I start by deep cleaning my room. I slip on AirPods in and play some music. I pick all the articles of clothes and put them neatly in my closet. After about 50 minutes I finish cleaning my room and move on to my bathroom. I wipe the mirror and scrub the sink. I clean the toilet and shower. I clean the hallway quickly and knock on the door that leads to Tom and Isabel's room. 

"Hi! I need to clean here." Tom nodded continuing to read through his script. Isabel was once again, looking at things for the wedding. I clean everything there and head downstairs to the kitchen.

Tom's POV

I'm reading my script for the next movie and I see an email come up. It's from Alan. That's weird. 

Dear Mr. Holland,

Hi, It's Alan. I just wanted to email you real quick to apologize for the whole Lexi and Dawn drama. I'm not sure what Lexi did but I just want to say sorry on my part.

Sincerely, 

Alan Morcok.

I decide not to respond. I'll just let it be. I walk to Dawn's room and I see it CLEAN! For the first time in months, I can see the whole floor, there are no clothes on the floor. Good job Dawn!  I hear Dawn's phone ding and glance to see what it is. The notification box says this:

Lexi😈: Hi. Just hopping in to let you know that your worthless.

Anger builds up inside me. I don't answer the text. We really need to tell the school about Lexi. My mind flashes back to when I was young.

GRAB YOUR TISSUES! It's about to go down! I don't know if this happened exactly like this but you get the gist.

Flashback

Kid1: hey isn't that the boy who plays Billy Elliott and does ballet?

Kid2: Yeah, I think he's into guys because ballet is only for girls!

All the kids laugh and signal to Tom who is in the corner of the classroom.

Tom: Hey! That's not true. Ballet is for everyone. It's a form to express yourself, just like every other type of dancing.

Kid1: No it isn't. You have to wear pink, tights, and a tutu.

Tom: That doesn't mean anything, plus pink is just a color.

Kid2: Tom does ballet and he likes boys! 

Everyone chanted that and the noise filled the classroom. Tom just puts his head down trying not to cry. (Well too late for that cuz I'm already crying.) I snap out of it and go downstairs to find Dawn cleaning the dining room. 

"You almost done?" I ask. She doesn't answer, maybe she can't hear me with the music blasting into her ears. I walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder. She turns around and hits me with a broom. 

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were a murderer."She states, taking her AirPods. I laugh and Dawn finishes. 

Dawn's POV

I grab my phone and see some texts from Lexi.

Lexi😈: Hi. Just hopping in to let you know that your worthless

Dawn: Aww thanks. But you need to work on your grammar. It's you're not your.

Lexi😈: Stop being a goodie-too-shoes.

Dawn: Your English teacher would not be proud.

Lexi😈: Well at least I'm not the fat chicken here.

Dawn: Neither am I, so maybe it's your ego that's fat.
Read at 11:45

Haha yes! I won! I cheer and do a little happy dance. I go back downstairs and watch The Office. I'm not worthless. Right then and there, I promise myself that I won't let Lexi destroy me.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment on what you want to see happen and some ideas!