School

Dawn's POV

I wake up to the horrible sound of my alarm. It's 6 am and I have to go to school. I stay in bed for about 5 minutes, but then decide to get up. Yesterday Tom told me that this school doesn't have uniforms, so that is a plus. I decide to wear this outfit.

I like the combo of crop top and ripped jeans

I like the combo of crop top and ripped jeans. I took the jacket just in case it was cold. I put my hair up in a high ponytail. I do my makeup like normal. Nothing extravagant. I finish getting ready and head downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and make my breakfast, which is just cereal. Tom soon comes in and sits down next to me. He tells me that the school's cheer tryouts. 

"Ok, I'll try out. I used to do cheer and it was kinda fun." I say. I then finish breakfast quickly and go pack some athletic clothes for the tryouts. I come back downstairs, after brushing my teeth and grabbing my backpack, with everything I need inside. I am stepping on the last stair when Tom looks at me a bit oddly.

"Are you gonna wear that to school?" Tom asks a bit sternly.

"Uh, ya. Why?" I answer as I look down.

"No reason. Just don't get dress coded."

"Ok I won't," I answer. "Bye love you!" 

I head out the door when Tom catches up. "Bye darling, love you." 

And I'm off. Walking towards the bus stop. I walk until I see Paddy standing at the corner of the street. Tom's apartment and the Holland house are really close, so we have the same bus stop.

"Hey Dawn!" Paddy greets as I walk over to him. 

"Hey!" I respond.

"Nice outfit." 

"Thanks, your brother didn't like it much." 

"How come?" 

I begin to explain. "I walked downstairs and he looked at me oddly. I ask what's wrong and he's like 'are you gonna wear that to school?' And then I'm like 'uh, ya. Why?' and he responds with 'no reason. Just don't get dress coded.'"

Paddy nods. "Ya, he doesn't like your outfit. I mean it's cute and all, but now that he's a parent he's trying to set a better example. Normally, if you were a random person on the street he wouldn't say anything. But you're his daughter, so wearing a crop top and ripped jeans may not be right up his ally."

The bus comes and we go inside. I look around and find a seat for us. We sit down and the bus starts to move again. Soon, we are at school. I hop out of the bus and we begin to walk towards the entrance. Paddy tells me that we have 30 minutes before our classes start so he can show me around. I agree and we head to the office so I can pick up my schedule and find which locker I have.

I walk into the office. "Hi I'm Dawn Holland. I'm here to pick up my schedule."

The lady looks up at me with a smile. "Here you go." She hands we a paper. "Welcome to Kingston High School." She says. I walk out of the office looking down at the paper.