Family is more than Blood

A/N: This is the intense chapter. You have been warned.

Max's POV

I am driving back home. It's nice to be home again. I see a girl, she looks a lot like Dawn. I haven't seen my sister for 2 years, and all of a sudden, here's a girl that looks just like her. I decided to check her out. I drive up next to her and open my window. It is Dawn! She notices a sketchy car next to her and looms over. 

"Max? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in jail." She exclaims. 

"Hello to you too Dawn," I say creepily. She begins to walk, and I get out of the car. I walk towards her. I grab her hand and pull her towards the car. I can't lose her again. She's the only family I have.

"Let go of me!" She yells. I open the car door and push her in. I begin to drive to my hideout. It's far away. Ever since our parents died in a car crash, my way of coping was committing lots of crimes. And well, eventually I got caught and went to jail. My buddies and I made a plan and escaped. Now here I am, on the run and kidnapped my sister. I look at Dawn. She's in the back seats of the car. I give her 'water' that makes her fall asleep and she nods off in minutes. We finally get to the hideout and I carry her in. 

"Max! You're back! And what have you brought for us?" yells my buddy Storm. 

"This is my sister, Dawn," I respond. I set her down on a chair and tie her with a rope nearby. 

Dawn's POV

I wake up with a bright light shining on me. I look around and start to wrestle and try to get out of the chair.

"Help! Anybody! Help!" I blurt out. "Help!" I see a shadow come towards me. "Max?" I gasp. He kneels to my eye level. He strokes my hair and I flinch. I make eye contact with his blue eyes. His black hair is messy and dirty. I try to free my arms that are tied behind the chair.  

"I wouldn't try to free myself if I were you," Max informs.

"Why not?" I ask, glaring at him. He just laughs and stands back up. 

"I've missed you, you know." He states. 

"I can't say the same thing to you. You never cared about me, or our parents. All you cared about was your little gang, going out to party, and getting drunk!" I bellow. I see the anger in Max's eyes. Then all of a sudden I feel Max's fist collide with my cheek. My head jerks sideways and I spit out some blood. "You monster! You're not my brother! You're a monster!" I yell and once again his fist hits my face. Hard. My nose is gushing out blood. 

"Call me a monster one. more. time." Max hisses. I just look down at my feet. Max lifts my head. I look into his eyes, his evil eyes. While his eyes are filled with evil, mine are on the verge of tears. Max leaves and turns the light off. Then it hit me, I just got kidnapped by my brother. My brother. I cry and cry until I have no more tears. 
After crying for hours and screaming for help. I feel something in my back pocket. My phone! How am I gonna get it out? I try to stand up and use my hands to grab my phone. I can grab it. Now, how do I call Tom? I move my arms to the side so I can see what I'm doing. I try to unlock my phone with my face, but it doesn't recognize my face thanks to all the blood smeared across it. I use my fingers and type the passcode in. I go to my contacts and text Tom. I don't wanna call him just in case I get caught.

Dawn 

Tom

.............

SOS! Dad! Help!

Dawn! Where the h*** are you!?

I was walking back from the mall, and I got kidnapped by my brother, who escaped from jail!

Where are you?

An old warehouse by the park.

I'm on my way. Stay where you are love.

Tom's POV

It's 3 am. I get in the car and drive to Harrison's. As I'm driving I call him. "Haz! Harrison! Answer for God's sake!"

"Tom. It's 3 in the morning what do you want?"

"Emergency. I'll explain later just change and get in the car!" Sooner than expected, Harrison is in the car and we are driving to my parent's house. I call Harry and tell him to grab Sam and get in the car. The two boys get in and I drive. 

"What the h*** Tom! It's 3 in the morning!" Harry yells.

"Dawn's in trouble. She sneaked out and walking back from the mall, she got kidnapped by her brother who just escaped from jail." 

"Woah ok. Then drive faster!" Sam yelled. Moments later we got to the park and ran to the warehouse nearby. I open the door to see Dawn tied to a chair. I run to her. She has her head hanging and her eyes closed. I shake her awake. 

"Dawn. Dawn wake up! Come on! You have to wake up! Dawn!" My voice breaks. I shake her violently. No! No! I can't lose her! I look at her face. It's bloody and she has a black eye. Her nose is also broken. I just lean towards her, and cry. 

"I'm sorry. For everything." I hear her soft voice. My head snaps up. Dawn's awake. I hug her tightly. Harry, Sam, and Harrison come over and help me untie her. She finally stands up and I see her phone is cracked. 

"I'll get you a new phone later," I reassure. All of a sudden we hear more people.

"Uh guys? We got some company." Harrison declares. I look up and see 4 guys coming towards us. I tell Dawn to stay there. Us boys, go and fight the guys. I am fighting what looks like Dawn's brother. Harrison is with some guy with blue hair and pointy teeth. Sam's fighting some dude with green hair and black eyes. Harry is fighting with Storm. 
I punch Max in the face and give him a black eye. He punches me in the nose and breaks it. Well, that's broken nose #4. We keep fighting and eventually all the bad guys are knocked out. We all run back to Dawn. 

"I'm so sorry! I never meant for this to happen." She cries. We all envelop her in a hug. She has her back facing the bad guys.  

"You're grounded by the way," I say. Everyone laughs.

Dawn's POV

We all embrace each other in a group hug. Oh, God. It feels nice to hug my family. My real family.  Family is more than blood. All of a sudden, I hear a gunshot and I feel like someone stabbed me. I look down and see blood, lots of blood on my stomach. I jerk back, like when someone kicks a ball and it hits your stomach. I grab on to the arms of Harry and Tom. They look over at me and before I hear anything, the world goes black.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Word count: 1225.