Auditions

A/N: Sorry for the big time skip

Dawn's POV

It was finally Sunday. The week had flown by, I had told my friends about my audition and also told Alan about it. They were all really excited. I was also un-grounded, and my drama teacher got back to me with a 'great job! You'll nail that audition.' Speaking of which, today is audition day. 

I get up at 9:00. My audition is at 2:00 so I have time to get ready. I walk to the bathroom and notice that my period has ended! Yay! I change into something that won't show my stomach, for good impression. It was also surprisingly cold today.

I do my hair in a high ponytail, and my makeup the same

I do my hair in a high ponytail, and my makeup the same. I then go downstairs for breakfast. I see Tom making some pancakes. 

"Morning!" I say.

"Good morning. You excited for today?" He asks as he flips a pancake over. 

"More like nervous." I respond as I sit down. Tom hands me a plate and serves me a pancake. I dig in and ask. "Were you this nervous for your first audition?" 

"Well, I'm not gonna lie to you, I was nervous. But I just remembered to turn my nerves into excitement and everything will be ok." 

I nod. "Ok well I don't know what I'll do for the next couple of hours." 

"Just relax. Text your friends, make tiktoks or-" Tom is about to finish his sentence but I interrupt.

"You wanna make a tiktok with me?" I ask. Tom laughs and agrees. I grab my phone and pick the sound that's like 'famous relative check.' (Sorry for the cringe).

I begin to make the tiktok and show a much of pictures of Tom from google. Then when the time is about to end I flip the camera and show Tom doing a handstand. I post the video and decide to make some more. I make Tom do a dance with me (oh na na na). We practice it a couple of times and then film it. After that I go upstairs and text Alan. My nerves have died down.

Dawn: Hey

Alan: Hi! You nervous for today?

Dawn: Ya. I am. But I calmed down and made tiktoks with my dad cuz why not.

Alan: If you do make it when are gonna film?

Dawn: I think I'm filming during the summer. 

Alan: Fun! I gtg bye babe! Good luck!

Dawn: Bye babe!

I spend the rest of my time practicing and reviewing the monologue. It's finally 1:15 and I am getting into the car. Tom drives me to the audition place. I'm still nervous, and Tom can tell. He puts his hand on my leg for reassurance. I smile at him. 

"You'll do great." He says.

"Let's hope so."  I say as the car parks. We get out and walk to the building. I open the door and walk to the elevators. Level 5. The elevator doors open and I see a huge blob of girls. They are all talking and practicing their monologues. I stand there, frozen and looking at my competition. I look around until Tom tugs on my arm I look over and he's looking at the table where I get the audition form. I grab a form and a pen. I then begin to fill it out.

Full Name: Dawn Sarah Holland
Date of birth: January 23 2003
Age: 16
Role you're auditioning for: Ariana Hewitt.
Phone number:**********
Parent/Guardian's name: Tom Holland
Parent/Guardian Phone number:***********

I finish filling out the form and turn it back in. Then Tom comes up to me.

"Hey darling, I need to go with the producers. I'll see you later. Good luck. Remember, turn your nerves into excitement." He kisses me on the forehead and leaves. I have my monologue in hand and I review it. After a few minutes they ask us to get in line and the auditions begin. I am one of the last people in line. I sit and wait as everyone goes in and comes out of those doors. Later, I am the next one in line. The person in front of me goes in and all the nerves come rushing back. I take a deep breath and remember to turn my nerves into excitement. (I was nervous while writing this). The girl comes back out and it's my turn.

"Dawn Holland." They call me and I walk in. I don't walk in like a cowardly bunny. I walk in with confidence. I stand and wait for them to tell me when to go. They give me my cue and I introduce myself and I start.

"I've been by myself for 4 years Owen! I was doing perfectly fine before you got here. To you I'm just a little girl who can't survive an apocalypse. But that's where you're wrong. I am not a little, scared girl anymore. I have learned what life is like now, and I have adapted to it. Adapted to being alone, and waking up in the middle of the night because I hear something. I've adapted to break the rules and killing to survive, killing zombies who could be my family. I've adapted to running miles and miles with only by backpack and a will to live. I'm not ready to die yet. And if I have to keep running alone....then so be it."

I finish and all the people clap. "Great job Dawn!" The casting director says.

"Thank you." I say. I am about to leave but some one stops me.

"Dawn. Is your dad here with you?" 

"Yeah. I think he's with the producers." I say. 

"Ok. Dawn would you mind staying? We want you to run some lines with your dad." 

"No problem I'll stay." I sit down in a chair near by and wait for Tom. One of the casting directors hands me a paper with some lines. 

"These are the lines we want you to run with Tom. We're gonna go get him and you two can work together while we finish up with the others." I nod and look at the paper.

Owen is leaving Ariana.

Ariana: So, you're gonna leave me? Just like that!?

Owen: We're not gonna make it out of here alive! It's better if we die alone. 

Ariana: Is it though. Is it better to die surround by lifeless bodies and a bunch of zombies? Or better to die with the last living human on this planet?!

Owen: You said it yourself, you've been alone for 4 years. What's a couple more days? What's the difference?

Ariana: The difference is that now I'm not alone. I have you. And you said we're in this thing together.

Owen: We can't keep going on like this ok? We don't have food or water. It's a matter of time before we starve, die of thirst or get eaten by zombies. And I don't want to see any of that happen to you. So let's die alone.

Ariana: I don't want to die alone ok? I want my last moment on this planet to be with someone that's not psycho or already dead. I don't want my last words to be a cry or scream of pain! I want them to be actual words, that mean something. So don't you dare leave me. 

I finish reading the lines and get really excited. I hear Tom's voice and look up. He's walking in with a smile on his face. We go to a separate room and practice the lines. Finally after a couple of minutes we head back into the audition room and preform our lines. We finish and it feels so good. The casting directors thank us and say they'll give me a call tomorrow if I made it. I walk out of that building feeling amazing. Now I just have to wait and see.