Chapter 19

A

Antonia was excited for the day as she sat with her mother for breakfast. Vin was coming today, and he was staying for a week. It was agreed that she was going to start staying at her dads for weekends, and whenever else she felt like it. Her mother didn't mind, she thought it was great that she was getting along with her father, getting to know each other better. With her mother traveling for work, it was convenient to have a place to go. Antonia was feeling that the estate was becoming more like home, with the library being her favorite. Her father was getting a room ready for her to stay in, and she was thrilled to see what he came up with. He also told her that he wasn't making too much of it, and that she would have a chance to shop for more items. That was fun for her. She told Vin all about everything that was going on. They spoke for long hours about the estate, her father, and Sebastian. For some reason Vin already didn't like him, and she hoped that they would get along in person. She spoke a bit about her new friends Dani, and her brother Joe. Vin seemed to be anxious about the new people in her life, and she wasn't sure why. Springing out of her chair when she heard the horn beep, she knew that it was Sebastian waiting to take her to her dads. 

Sebastian waiting in the truck, because Antonia told him she was uncomfortable with him exiting, and opening the door like she was some movie star. He was very reluctant, but eventually caved. He always looked sharp, dressed and smelling good. She admired that about him, and felt inadequate at times. Antonia was not one to dress up a lot. Mostly jeans and joggers, with the occasional summer dress, or shorts and a tank. She never had that many clothes or shoes, and at times she felt embarrassed. When she arrived at the estate, she could not wait to find her dad and see her room. She felt like a little kid.

"Dad, where are you?"

"Your dad wants me to take you to your room, he is waiting there for you."

Sebastian walked her up the stairs. The entry way had two staircases, and she always thought that idea was silly. They took the left side, then made a left. The passed many rooms, Antonia not comprehending how large the estate was, as she was not upstairs before. Room after room, corners and corridors, halls leading further into the house. 

"Wow, how many people live here?"

"Well, there is your dad, you and me. Associates come and go, and some stay here for a while. He does have guests now and again."

" I did not realize it was this huge, my gosh."

Sebastian laughed a little bit, bringing attention to himself. Antonia had never seen him laugh, and when she looked at him in awe, he blushed. 

"I like your laugh."

She could not believe she said that, it was like her filter took a vaca to the caribbean. When he stopped walking and just stared at her, she felt her tummy flutter. He grabbed her hand and placed it in his.

"Thank you, that was very sweet of you."

They must have reached her room, when he pushed a door open to her father sitting in a chair waiting for her. Sebastian brought her hand up to his lips, and kissed her there. Gazing into her eyes, he spoke."

"Till we meet again."

Part of Antonia was blushing, another was in slight fear. He made her nervous, and not in the same way that Joe did. Joe gave her a flutter of butterflies. It always felt like there were a million butterflies flying around in her tummy. Her whole body vibrating with nerves. His smile was so intoxicating, his eyes so intense. Sebastian had an itensity, but it was dark. 

"How are you?"

Her father got up to welcome her, and showed her around the room. It was beautiful. The room was a crisp white. Huge chandelier hanging in the center. An antique looking white dresser with a huge mirror was on one side of the room. A bathroom door next to it. The other side of the room had double doors open to a closet. A huge backboard and foot board, antique white and the same design as the dresser. white sheet, and white pillows. There was a make up table on the other side of the room, matching with a chair. Same as the rest of the furniture. The closet was almost as big as the room. Built in cabinets and closets with huge island with drawers and shoe storage. She didn't have enough clothes to fill a single drawer in here. She walked across the room to the bathroom. Again, just as big as the closet. A claw foot bathtub to die for. A separate room for the toilet, and a huge beautiful walk in shower. looked like it had 3 heads, white tiles, with pink sparkly accent tiles. Chandeliers in the bathroom and closet. She could not believe it, and as she felt so overwhelmed, she began to cry.

"What is wrong? Is this too much, did I do it wrong?"

He puller her near, hugging her for the first time. She wasn't sad, just overwhelmed. Even though she was desperate to communicate this to him, no words would escape. He must have caught on to what was going on inside of her. Emotions taking her breath away.

"I did not mean to overwhelm you, only spoil you. I know that your mother has always taken great care of you, and has given you the best. You have a lovely home with her, and this.. this is different. This is luxury living, and I want you to have that. I want you to have all of this, and enjoy it. I have lived here  alone for so long, and I am elated to have you here to share this with me. Please don't feel any other way but happy. I am so happy that you are here. My staff helped prepared this room,m but I insisted that they not decorate it. I want you to do that, whenever you are ready. Whats mine is yours now, and I don't want you to feel overwhelmed by it. You deserve all of this."

Antonia cried harder, and she wasn't sure if it was about the room anymore. Her father was filling a void that she never knew existed within her. These were also tears of happiness.