Epilogue

Starring ahead from her seat Isabella's eyes glued to the children running out of cars and playfully giggling outside. Some of them wearing adorable sweaters above the regular uniform from the school.

"Sweetie? Are you okay?"

Isabella closes her eyes lowering her head. She nods bitting her lower lip. "I'm okay mum, just had a rough night."

"It's been a month and you're still having those." She mumbles in worry. "Should I make an appointment with the doctor?"

"Mama I'll be fine. One day, I'll be fine."

"You're sure you want to do this? Amore Mio, you can always quit if you don't like it here."

"I have to start somewhere mama. If teaching children is the only way then I'll do it." She murmured adjusting the ring hanging on her necklace. The memory of him.

"I know, but you've been miserable ever since you came back, and I know this break up did hurt you but baby you have to move on."

Yep, that's right.

It's not like she could say hey mum I was dating a man from the cosa nostra and he was killed right before my eyes.
She had to come up with a believeable story and a bad break up was it. And she believed it, God Karoline Franchetti cried while watching her own daughter tell her about this mysterious guy. She knew her daughter was madly in love, she knew the feeling she once had for her so called boyfriend who did the same to her. The only difference was that Isabella didn't get pregnant.

"I know it hurts but you have to move on. Please. It's been a month! If he loved you he would've come."

Yeah but no he's dead so...

"I don't know if I can."

"You've been doing great here. This is your second week and some of my colleagues already said you have a future as a teacher. You have the charisma for it my princess, then just try it! Try to move on, not for him, not for me but for yourself and maybe even for your sister who has to watch you cry all over the house." Karoline raised her brows earning a chuckle from her first born. " You deserve a new start Isabella. For once, listen to your brain, not your heart."

"I think I shouldn't listen to neither. I'm tired mum, I'm exhausted."

"Honey, this is all part of learning. You're learning now, and you will spend your whole life learning it's okay sweetie. At some point it all goes away."

"What am I supposed to do now?"

"Move on. That's all." She squeezed her hand watching a tiny smile blossom on her lips. "Have a good day, I love you."

"I love you mum." Isabella replies closing then the car door behind her. She took a deep breath taking slower and short strides to the entrance of the school.

"Morning Ms. Franchetti, hope you have a wonderful day!" Isabella gave her a polite reply as she got into the building.

"Morning Ms. Franchetti, you look lovely today as always."

"Ms. Franchetti,"

"Isabella, good morning." She turned around watching one of her colleagues, the French teacher nod at her. He was quite an handsome guy who has been nothing but cordial since she arrived. Something about him always seemed quite familiar or homey if you could say it like that.

"Good morning Charles, how was your weekend?"

"Besides all the exciting reading for the week? Not much what about you?"

Oh you know just the basic crying and laying around
"Getting some activities ready for my class. Quite boring." He chuckles lowly nodding.