Chapter 44 : Our love is Wrong

Dedicated to the most loyal readers...                                 

****

"You wanted to kill someone, no I-" he rolled his eyes. "No I couldn't let you ruin that business Nico, that's- ugh will you at least let me finish? No Kimi would kill us if we ruined that. Yes Palmer is my brother in law but it's business. I- Nico you're being a sore loser! No ! Nico? Nico? " Isabella watched how Daniel hung the phone annoyingly shaking his head.

"All good?" She asks knocking on his door, his smile reaching his eyes when he looked up.

"Hey. For how long have you've been there?"

"Long enough, I was just walking by." She admitted. "He still wants to kill me?" She knew the answer but still.

"Don't worry about it love. I will protect you at any costs." He promised wrapping his arm around her waist

"I know." She mumbles pecking his lips. "Can we go to the pool? I really want to spend time with you."

"I'm sorry love, I have a closed doors meeting in a few. But I have a surprise for you." Isabella smiled confused reaching for his hands.

"What is it?" She asks coyly.

"Have you ever been to Dubai?" He mumbles kissing the top of her nose, watching her mouth hung open. Daniel knew he had too much to do but he was already looking forward to spend more time with the Italian.

...

Isabella adjusted the dark glasses above her nose blowing her lips in the air; The events from the day before still haunting her. Palmer had seen her, and according to Daniel he was a traitor, he worked for Nico so this didn't mean something good at all. Daniel hasn't said anything about it yet, but she was sure he was thinking about it as well. Did Nico already knew she was with Daniel? Did he knew the whole story by now? Isabella was afraid to know even tho it was haunting her through the whole night and day.

"An angel, you really are an angel." Isabella flinched looking back to where the tall Brit stood fixing his tux. Different to the other time they met including the day before when he left her with Nico, he looked somehow more scary and annoyed. " It's very nice to meet the infamous 'Bella' Nico so often spoke about. You know he will know you're here with Daniel, and he won't be happy about it." He gave a few steps to close the distance between them and Isabella gave two back until her legs hit the couch in the middle of the living room. "if I was you I'd leave. Or he dies." Gosh Isabella was somehow so thankful it took him this long to realize she was the one Nico told him to look after.

"Daniel would never let anyone hurt me. And I won't let you hurt him." She hissed pissed just imagining someone messing with Daniel. Like her cute face would scare someone like Palmer.

Come on he works for the mafia, he fears nothing.

"You're cute! Keep telling yourself that." He whispered adjusting his tie with a dangerous smirk. "I'll see you very very soon Isabella." He clenches his jaw seizing her one last time.

Bella took a deep breath feeling her erratic heartbeat, tears pooling in her eyes; She wipes her nose with the back of her hand releasing the breath she was holding. The italian knew this would probably happen at some point, she knew this was a consequence of her choices and decisions and it was inevitable.

"Ma'am? Madam? Are you okay?" She looks up meeting his blue eyes. "He said something didn't he? Whatever it was don't listen to it. Daniel loves you, he will do whatever it takes to protect you." Valtteri could be a monotonous robot with her, but she knew he was always honest with her. That was enough to calm her in that moment.