Chapter 26 - Deepest feelings

**.**

"Isabella, can you open the door?" he pleaded releasing a deep sigh a few seconds later. "please" He groaned " You sure she hasn't left the room? "

" Yes Master, I'm pretty sure." Valtteri politely declared a sudden silence replacing their voices.

"Isabella?" Daniel's voice startles her a few minutes later when he knocks again a bit shushed, the door slightly cracking open. "Isabella?"

Bella held the pillow tight between her cold fingers, his voice causing even more tears to wet the pillow above her head, as she shook herself slowly on the bed to control her own sobs and the shaky low hipcups. She felt the bed shuffle and wiped her tears again with the back of her hand, remaining silence and oblivious to his presence.

"Isabella, please talk to me." he pleaded a bit low, sitting on the end of the bed. "I need to hear you, anything!"

Isabella bites her lower lip closing her eyes. She just wondered why she was crying now. Maybe if she had left as soon as she saw Daniel she wouldn't be in this situation, but at the same time the horrible feeling of liking someone so cold, yet so warm like Daniel was haunting her. This was all her fault.

"Please." he whispers holding onto the mattress a bit tight than necessary, something Isabella knew he did when he was excited or anxious. She was making him anxious now.

"I don't want to talk to you." her shaky voice finally spoke, a relieved yet deep sighs escaping his plumb lips as soon as she closed her eyes again.

"I know, I understand and I'll be here waiting whenever you want to talk." Isabella scoffed rolling her eyes. He never wanted to listen, or seriously sit and talk to her about whatever was, yet now here he was. "Did you say something?"

"I want to go out tomorrow, or that is also forbidden?" she dared to look into his confused eyes, his eyebrows raising a bit, but his eyes softening.

"I'd never forbid you anything, Isabella." he huffed running a hand through his curls. "I know sometimes it doesn't look like but I do worry about you, a lot."

"Yeah but you know what? I can take care of myself."

"This is not how things work, Isabella. I can take care of myself too, yet I don't want to expose you unnecessarily, specially now that even Kimi knows Nico is looking for you. And we both know, you know why he wants you so bad." Daniel dared to reply scoffing.

Isabella chuckles lazily getting up from the bed daring to walk away but her throat burned with the words she heard from his mouth the day before, and that still bothered her. " Well, isn't that what prostitutes do? " she suddenly turned around crossing her arms above her chest regret saying those words when he frowns getting up.

"I took you out of that business because I didn't want you to do that again. I don't want Hulkenberg and no other man to use you anymore, that's not arguable." he simply explains.

"And what if he finds me? Don't you understand I can't stay here locked eternally?" Isabella panicked hugging herself tighter.

"Nico won't find you, I give you my word. I will do anything on my power to protect you from him, you just have to listen to me." Isabella nods pursuing her lips. "Don't be scared, I'm here for you." his eyes were soft when he replies, hazelnuts burning into deep brown sea. Isabella's pulse quicken when he sighs caressing her cheek, his long fingers warm against her rather cooler skin. "Tomorrow, Valtteri will take you anywhere you want when he arrives. Please don't leave before he comes to pick you." you nod as he mumbles softly.

Bella wraps her arms around his tense body, inhaling the additive cologne she was so used to right now. His arms protectively wrap around her petite body, his body irradiating even more warmth when he releases all the fears from him.