Jealous Husband

Mulai dari awal

Don't be the jealous type. Don't be the jealous type. Don't be the jealous type!

"Harry!" Josie spotted me and ran up to me. I thought she was going to wrap her legs around me like usual but she didn't. She was wearing lose jeans with rain boots. Her hair was curled and she looked really pretty. Too pretty to be hanging out with other men!

"Hey," I faintly said. I looked to those who were with her and kind of gave them a glare. I'm not usually able to stand up for myself but when it came to Josie, she's mine.

"When do you get off of work?"

"Not until late. Can I talk to you?" She nodded. I dragged her out of the recording studio and past the elevator. We went to the maintenance stairs and I shut the heavy door behind us. "Can you not go out with those guys?"

"What?" Josie smiled. "Are you jealous?"

I folded my arms. "No, you just make me feel bad. Whenever I can't have lunch with you you go and have lunch with twenty other men."

"They're just friends. And we talk about music anyway." I looked away.

"I'm jealous," I said under my breath. Josie folded her arms.

"What about Liza?"

"Liza? What does this have to do with Liza?"

"Why did you have to pick such a gorgeous assistant? I bet you two flirted at first when you first hired her."

"What? No. I don't like Liza. She's not even my type."

"You have a type?"

"Yeah, blonds."

"So I should be jealous of all the blonds here?"

"What? No."

"Then don't be jealous of all the guys here."

"I'm jealous when you give other guys attention."

"Well I'm jealous of Liza."

"But you shouldn't have to be!"

"But I am!" Josie folded her arms and looked away from me. "She spends a whole lot more time with you than you do with me." That was true.

"Liza and I have a professional friendship. We don't have romantic feelings for one another." Josie wiped a tear from her pretty eyes. "Josie. Why are you crying?" I asked kindly.

"Stupid hormones." She pushed past me and left me on the maintenance stairs. I went back to my office without knowing what she did next.

I was frustrated the rest of the day hating that we had our first stupid fight and didn't settle it. Once I was off of work, I went and got a dozen set of roses. When I entered the house, the lights were off.

"Josie?" I turned on the light afraid that she left me or something until I heard her voice from the kitchen.

"Turn off the light!" I turned it off, relieved that she was home. I walked further into the house and found my Josie standing at a candle lit table holding two glasses of water. Water in one glass and wine in the other.