CHAPTER 10

PLAYLIST:
~Sponsor- Ebony Reigns
~Aseda- Ebony Reigns
~Poison- Ebony Reigns
_________________________________________
DENORI'S POV

"Distance is just a test to see how fare true love can travel."
_________________________________________

The car, travelling up to 70 miles per hour, sped past the millions of trees along the road. It was Sunday and most people had locked themselves in the safety and comfort of their homes.

The once busy streets were almost empty except for the scurrying rats and dancing polythene bags that managed an escape from the bin.

On a typical day like this, I and my mom will go to church at the old cathedral that was just a few steps from home. After we would take a walk through the woods to the little lake there where we would go for a swim. We usually stayed until the sun died down.

Mama said we had to catch all the sun we could. Quite absurd isn't it, considering my mom is as dark as the night sky and I very dark myself.

Plus, I learned in school that the scorching sun rays in the afternoon doesn't provide much vitamin D anyway.

I always suspected that she had a crush on the man whose cabin was just by the lake. I heard my mom gossiping about him once to her friend, saying he mostly stayed home during the weekend and Sunday is the only day my mother has off.

Getting back to the present, this isn't a typical Sunday at all. For starts, Levi's girlfriend has, ever since met at the party, been asking for me to leave Levi's apartment. In fact, she is still at it.

"She can't live with you forever." Her tiny voice echoed through the car.

"I never said she would stay with me forever!" Levi retorted looking annoyed. "just a few weeks and she would be gone."

"A few weeks?" I imagined her rolling her eyes. "do you know how long she means by a few weeks?"

"No, do you? Why are you making big deal out of it anyway!"

"Ofcourse, I don't know, but she can't stay longer than two weeks." This time I rolled my eyes.

"It isn't your apartment Nora."

" I never said it was mine." She paused and released a loud sob. " you have never allowed me to stay in your apartment longer than a week."

'And she wonders why?' I thought.

"A week!" she screamed this time. "and a stranger just comes along and she is allowed to with you until she is tired?"

"Okay really?" Levi palmed his forehead. "she isn't a stranger, we've known each other since childhood. She is my best friend."

I smiled as images of us running around the park flashed through my mind. I felt nostalgic wishing for the first time to go back in time and relive those magical moments again.

"And I am your girlfriend. I demand equal respect."

"When did I disrespect you?" he demanded, baffled.

"How have you not?" she began to sob loudly. "tell me, when I your rightful girlfriend is left behind and forbidden from spending nights with you, while you enjoy away with your so called best friend. Isn't this disrespect?"

"just stop okay, you are doing too much." He said, tired.

"No, I won't.!" She therefore continued. "how do I know you aren't.... um ......"