CHAPTER 7

PLAYLIAT:

Freaky Friday~ Lil Dicky ft. Chris Brown.

No Limit~ Usher ft. Young Thug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DENORI'S POV.

Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to Hell. ― Criss Jami

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what has been happening in my life so far:

Mom left right after having breakfast. Her annoying boss refused to give her another day to ensure that I was all settled before going back to Wisconsin.

I just got a million views on my latest post on my new website. This is all thanks to the unwanted clout I gained after the Naira Mason incident. Almost everyone seems to have my back in the situation; I am forcing myself to not get too comfortable. After all, we live in an unpredictable world and you will never know when the tables will turn.

Last but not least, I am attending my first ever real party. I mean my first party without my mom acting as my shadow.

All the others I attended were when I was very younger. To be honest, the only reason I even went to those parties was to help my mom serve the rich kids of the rich parents she worked for.

In my opinion they were really dull, unless you consider four hours of nonstop live classical music and endless conversations on golf intriguing. The kids would be seen wearing fancy, mostly shimmering, gowns and the little boys wore nothing but a white shirt, thoroughly buttoned, and a black jacket and pants with their hair plastered on their foreheads.

I spent most of the time in the lavatories and under tables. Mainly because they would blindfold me and chase me around, trying to kick me. it wasnt fun at all, but the kids together with their jerky parents seemed to enjoy it. My mom didnt like it either, which parent would enjoy watching their child being chased by a circus of immaculately dressed, evolved, baboons.

But what could she do, beat them up; pour the food she was serving all over their ugly faces. I am sure she wished she could, I wished she would have, but the economic situation we were in could not hold the weight of her being jobless.

In my anger and annoyance, I pull the strands of my curly hair, twisting and coiling it, praying fervently for it to be obedient. After a long battle of chess with my unruly hair, I managed to achieve a bun look alike, right in the center of my big head.

I was waering a sunny dress with white polka dots all aroung it, not the most suitable for a wild party but that was what I had at the moment. I paired it with my turquoise blue sandals and a DIY long strap jean bag.

I looked in the mirror with a satisfied grin. I looked reasonable. Looking at my reflection some more, I came to the conclusion that I have never looked this great.

Just as I was applying my orange lip gloss, I was distracted by a loud knock on my door. It was Levi, looking as hunky as ever. He wore an off white distressed ripped t shirt, paired with black jeans and a pair of nick air vapor max. He finished off his look with some designer shades.

"What in the name of black Jesus are you wearing?" he asked pushing down his shades for a better view.

I smile brightly and give a little twirl, I am trying a remake of a post I saw on the internet.

"This is a summer party, with alcohol and nearly naked people." He stated; his tone etched with indignation. "not some poorly organized Halloween party for kids."