chapter 31 ~ 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖

Start from the beginning

     "I love you, angel," Jungkook murmured, shutting his eyes tightly and pressing their foreheads together. Yumin giggled softly, holding Jungkook tightly as she nuzzled closer to him. The redhead sighed listlessly, gently running his hands up and down her back. "Thanks for not letting me get hurt. T-Thanks for not hurting me, angel."

     Yumin hummed softly under her breath, her eyes flitting shut from exhaustion. "I'd never hurt my Kookie. I'll protect you...forever."

     Jungkook felt a sob lodge in the back of his throat, clinging to Yumin tightly as he buried his face in the crook of her shoulder. He'd only ever felt love for Bin Soojin, but that night, everything he held against her shattered, his heart beating loudly in his chest as Yumin's words, her touch, her smell, overtook him. Jungkook smiled softly, an overwhelming sense of joy flooding his system as Yumin's breathing gradually grew shallower. He felt his eyelids slowly flick closed, a final shaky breath escaping him as he felt his body grow warmer beneath her touch.

     "I love you, Yumin."

_

     I groaned in frustration as I stumbled forward, extending my arm to prop myself up off of the wall of the shower. The steaming hot water pierced my neck and back, my eyes shut tight as a wave of dizziness washed over me. Humming irritably in the back of my throat, I shut the shower off, grabbing at the shower rod and hesitantly sliding the shower curtain open. Where's my walker? I thought to myself with a chuckle, shakily wrapping my towel around my wet form and sitting against the edge of the tub. You can get out of here by yourself, Yumin. You're not gonna fall, I told myself, tossing my legs over onto the bath mat. I made to stand up but my right foot gave out too quickly; I dropped back to the edge of the tub with a quiet yelp, clutching the shower curtain for balance with wide eyes. You're gonna fucking crack your head open.

     "Shit," I mumbled, feeling tears sting the corners of my eyes. I hated relying on others so much; Taehyung had to help me limp into the bathroom, insisting he stay with me to make sure I didn't fall while showering. I said I'd be fine, but now I needed help again, and the thought of asking for someone to simply help me get dressed made me want to punch the wall. Fucking weak. I reached for my phone, placed carelessly on the seat of the toilet. I rolled my eyes with a sigh, clicking on the group chat with tears rolling down my cheeks.

_

IMESSAGE CHAT

𝐘𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬🥴

YUMIN

Guys...?

JUNGKOOK

Angel!

JIMIN

Did you fall!?

TAEHYUNG

Can you get out of the shower?

YOONGI

What's wrong!?

KIANA

Yumin?

FREYA

...

FREYA