What's Wrong With Secretary Lee?

~•~•~• n o m i n •~•~•

"I want to resign CEO Na"

Speechless, Jaemin unbelievably looked at his secretry. Out of all the people, all of those people working for the company, he never expected those words to leave from the most hard working employee of the whole building.

Jaemin stood up from his comfortable chair, not finding easiness in the atmosphere. Lee Jeno, the aforementioned employee, looked up fast just to alter away his glances as quickly. The white sheet of paper settled on Jaemin's desk in quite an impressive determination.

"What is the reason?"

The reason was stated crystal clearly if Jaemin ever cared to read but he didn't. He didn't want to read a bunch of constructive lies Jeno took time to convince him. He had to hear it out loud from those smooth lips. It's always easier to redirect the focus if not spoken out loud. Jaemin just couldn't accept that.

Again, Jeno gulped and glared at him with a slight hesitation.

"Do you not like this job as my secretary?"

"No... CEO Na! That's not what it is"
He did not lie. It really wasn't that. It was just.....he just...wanted more..

"Then what it is?"

Jaemin walked over, standing too close in front of Jeno.

Jeno took a step back but he knew he loved the closeness. Even though it was just an usual closeness they tend to have unexpectedly during work time, Jeno kept every single moment to be precious.

He couldn't even sleep due to those sweet thoughts of him getting close to this man. It had been his dream ever since he saw him. But Jeno knew the boundary between the reality and a mere imagination.

As a grown up man, he knew how to differentiate and how or when to retreat. It was too risky to stay by Jaemin. It became harder to keep himself focus on work when he kept growing unpure thoughts about him.

Whenever he had to escort Jaemin to a sauna, a pool or when he made him share a room with him on foreign business trips, Jeno had extremely hard time. He wanted to refuse to share a room but then Jaemin's pretty eyes always confused him.

He had been working for almost two years and he still couldn't tame himself to keep Jaemin safe.

"I asked you. Why, Secretary Lee?"

His sparkles bewitched him again. They were too alluring and dangerous for him at the same time. For that reason, Jeno looked away–put a small smile and exhaled softly before looking right back.

"I just have personal reasons behind it CEO Na. I hope you understand."

Jaemin looked down to the floor but it was almost like a nod. It wasn't clear.

"Is it because I am too annoying?"

Jeno flinched at the deep voice. He knew he would be missing this voice for his whole life after this. But that wasn't the most important currently.

"W-what?"

"Was it because I took you everywhere I go? Was it because you felt uncomfortable since I made you stay around me most of the time?"