Hate him, Love him

•~•~• n o m i n•~•~•

"Looks like we can pace up for the wedding preparation"

A cue of light laughters passed across the luxurious dining space and Jaemin has naturally adapted to react along with the adults.

He eyed to the opposite end of where he was sitting and he smirked at the unsatisfied reaction Jeno was giving. He loved to see when that older boy was annoyed. It was a kind of satisfaction for him to make him feel cornered and controlled.

It wasn't as if he was in the same situation but as a smooth person he was, Jaemin had no trouble adapting to the situation around him..unlike Jeno.

A big smile formed on his face when Jeno accidentally landed his eyes on him.

"It's very sweet of Jeno to make his way to give us presents. How lovely.."

Jaemin knowingly turned his head to his stepmom who was softly caressing the snow fair sweater which was a gift from the Lee's. Jaemin hugely doubted it was Jeno who got this but at the end of the day, no one really cared. The situation was strictly business in the first place.

Jeno and Jaemin used to date two years ago. It wasn't exactly a peer pressure but the school environment somehow expected them to date and they didn't think about much. Their relationship was so simple that Jeno bored out of it. They would hung out at restautants, parties or school events but it felt like one was tagging along another. They would make out once in a while but only when Jeno suddenly wanted to.
After they naturally broke up after discussing it once, they didn't have any connection anymore until both of their families announced for them to engage.

Jeno refused profoundly..but it was his family's business that was relying on the Na's. Due to his father's unrelevent decisions and unskillful staffs, their business was going downhill until Jaemin's dad, the highest-end position of the mayor reached out for help.

Their engagement went all known to public the day Jeno and Jaemin learned about it. If it was in private, Jeno might be able to tolerate it at least..but no, nothing was on his side.

He suggested Jaemin to refuse but the younger boy acted like it wasn't a big deal for him. To be exact, he said he wouldn't mind marrying him.

"Jaeminnie, do you have anything you want in mind?"

Upon hearing his name, an immediate smile sparked up and eyes got centered on the delicate lady who was Jeno's mom. His whole life was taught how to behave and as much as he hated it, he himself was so used to it. The harsh and inconsiderate trainings and teachings he had as a child was haunting him every day to be who he was currently. No one would ever understood his complains because not every kid grew up to be the son of a publicly known political figure.

"I am so grateful that I can spend a beautiful night with all of you for the dinner. I couldn't ask for more."

The sweetest smile reflected in his eyes and everyone replicated the smile, being fond of his humble answer..well, everyone except Jeno. He was able to detect the fakeness in the voice and the smile. For a fact, he knew damn well of Jaemin's genuine smile and it had nothing to do with the sweet and pretty smile enfolding infront of his face right now.

"I remember when I first saw Jaemin, he was so polite back then too. Lovely and sweet..I was afraid of what he might think of me but he just found his way to make everyone comfortable"

That...wasn't a lie though. Jeno remarked in his own head when Jaemin's stepmom started to talk. Jeno,too, remembered when he first met the younger boy. He wasn't exactly polite but just...comfortable to be with. He was quite observent and knew how to adjust himself well. In a short amount of time, he has filtered everything about the real Jeno and the persona Jeno created at school.