Love Again [Part 2]

The elevator dingged and Jaemin flinched when Jeno led the way out.

He followed the man closely but he saw Jeno looking around but not in a sneaky manner but more of like an observation.

"Jaemin-ssi"

"Just...Just call me Jaemin"

Taken back, Jeno cleared his throat but still complied, "Jaeminnie"

He hadn't heard his name called like that in that specific tone, in that specific voice in such a long time. He didn't even know he missed it so much until..until now.

"This is my room but if you are uncomfortable to come inside, we can talk here. Is it still too public?"

"Why? Are you uncomfortable if I come in?"

Again, Jeno widened his eyes and he immediately shook his head.

"No,no,no. It's not that. I just want..you to feel at ease around me."

It would be a lie if Jaemin said he didn't smile out of content at that.

"I don't feel uncomfortable Jeno."

He confirmed and only then he tapped the key card and entered the large suite.

Jeno inserted the card into the holder and the room lit up bright in glamour. The tall sofas which were almost wide as their length showed up in comfort. A white towel was messily placed on top of one of the comfort pillows on the sofa and Jeno was quick to pick it up and also the bath rope hanging on the hand that Jaemin didn't see the first time.

"I am so sorry about the mess Jaeminnie. I was in rush this morning" he explained and proceeded to pick up a few more stuff up from the floor.

He didn't remember Jeno to be a neat person. He remembered Jeno always losing pens and rulers back in highschool because he would misplace it everywhere or borrow it to classmates. He also knew Jeno would wake up in the morning with his pillows and blankets rolled on the floor when he had to share a room with him for a week class trip to Busan.

"Would you like to sit here?"

Out of habit, Jeno put out his manner hands and guided Jaemin to the sofa. Jaemin sat on the corner of the big sofa and Jeno sat right next to the sofa beside him with all of his attention on Jaemin.

As much as Jaemin wanted to adore Jeno's beauty at that moment, his heart was swelling up to confess his apology.

"If you don't mind Jeno," he looked up at the model whose eyes were fixed on him. Those were the same pair of eyes that encouraged him when he was having a stagefright during his WWII presentation in history class. Those were the same pair of comforting stars that never expressed disappointment when Jaemin would forget the past participle form of the verb "to forget" for a millionth time and instead nod his head with wide eyes to tell Jaemin that he knew Jaemin remembered the tense.

"I want to..talk about..our..breakup"

He checked Jeno's reaction again but this time the man wasn't looking at him anymore. He looked distracted but focused at the same time.

The room's bright light shimmered its way into Jaemin's line of sight. A pause was taken by both of them in lingering hesitance. It was a heavy topic for both of them, it seemed. It much likely weighted on Jeno more than it did on Jaemin...which was exactly why Jaemin was surprised and caught off-guard when Jeno suddenly broke the silence and met his eyes again, saying

"Jaeminnie, I really want to apologize you."

Jaemin was no longer in daze. He was more than confused. Why was Lee Jeno apologizing him? He came here to apologize him. Not the other way around.