21

jeno was walking back home from the gym. it was already getting cold so he zipped up his jacket.

crash

jeno looked up again and saw a boy extended on the floor and a car escaping after hitting him. jeno ran as fast as he could to the boy. he called the ambulance while running. 

❝someone got hit by a car! yes, we're in sejong boulevard. no, i don't-❞ jeno flipped the boy softly and saw no other than renjun. 

❝actually yes,❞ the black-haired male panicked.❝i know him. his name is huang renjun. come as fast as you can, please!❞

jeno saw some blood and ripped some of his shirt off, pressing on the bloody part. ❝don't worry renjun. they're coming. hang on there.❞

❝j-jaemin...❞ the smaller boy mumbled.

jeno dialed jaemin's number.

❝jaemin! a car hit renjun. i already called the ambulance they're on their way-❞ he heard some sirens coming his way.

❝WHAT!? HE TOLD ME HE WAS STAYING AFTER CLASS BECAUSE THE TEACHER WANTED TO DISCUSS SOMETHING AND NOW-❞ jaemin was yelling and crying really loud. ❝I'M GOING TO THE HOSPITAL!❞ and then he cut the call.

hang on there renjun. i'm coming.

renjun was now sleeping on the hospital bed. the pink-haired boy was sitting on the armchair beside him, observing his soft features. he ran his finger through the older's hair. jaemin had glossy eyes and flushed cheeks from all the crying.

❝you must be hurting a lot, love...❞ jaemin whispered. he sniffed and wiped the tear that was now falling down his cheek.

jeno had already left the two alone and went back home. before leaving he hugged jaemin and patted his back, reassuring him that everything will be fine.

❝you look so beautiful...❞ his fingertips now caressed renjun's cheeks. 

❝i don't want you to hurt ever again...❞ he now moved his hand towards renjun's lips.

jaemin got up and kissed the smaller, slowly breaking down again.

❝please, wake up...❞ jaemin sobbed on the other's chest.

the morning light entered the hospital room. jaemin's head was still on renjun's chest, which was going up and down slowly.

after some more minutes, jaemin opened his eyes. for a second he forgot where he was, but then it hit him.

renjun.

renjun was asleep and it did not seem like he would wake up anytime soon.

jaemin will keep the hope though. that's all he can do now.

he will hope for the best.

days went by. and then weeks. and then months. jaemin still went to see renjun after class, but it wasn't the same.

he still loved renjun, right? so why were his feelings starting to fade away?

❝jeno!❞ the now blue-haired male clung on his arm.

the other chuckled and ruffled jaemin's hair. ❝hey, nana.❞

❝want to go to the new ice cream place that opened near the park?❞ jaemin said excitedly, totally forgetting his usual activity after class.

❝aren't you going to the hospital?❞ jeno lifted a brow.

❝oh,❞ jaemin's gaze now focused on the floor, ❝right. i should go and see my ba-❞ he couldn't finish the sentence. ❝my baby...❞ jaemin said in a whisper.

❝are you... okay?❞

❝me? yeah, yeah... sure...❞ but his eyes told otherwise.

to be honest, jaemin had started feeling different towards jeno. these past few months he's spent a lot of time with him; going to the gym with him, to the movies and even had a sleepover.

❝well, see you nana,❞ jeno started walking away when suddenly he felt a hand wrapping around his wrist.

❝before you go...❞ jaemin started getting nearer.

❝w-what are you-❞ and then jeno felt jaemin's lips on his.

❝now, you can go...❞ 

even though both of them liked the kiss, it didn't feel right. jeno was not renjun and jaemin was not donghyuck.

but maybe the art of loving is this; falling in and out of love. 

and maybe, just maybe, jaemin and jeno fell out of it to the point they forgot who their heart belonged to.