Waffles

Kiki's POV

Walking towards the entrance of Waffle House was the most awkward thing.

Not only were my feet hurting from these heels I felt all weak in the knees because of Arons's doings.

"You ok?" Aron asked with a slick smile as he opened the door for me.

He knew he was the main reason I was walking like this.

"Fuck you." I said walking through the door.

"I'm trying too but you being stingy with the goods." He joked as Tavis and Pao walked behind us.

We simply picked a booth closer to the windows as we sat down looking at the menus already placed on the table.

"Mhum chocolate chip waffles." I licked my lips as Aron whispered in my ear.

"You got one last time to lick those lips."

"I make all the rules bud." I said back trying to scoot over to get some space but he simply scooted over as well so much so over shoulders kept knocking into another.

"You mind scooting over please?" I asked as he wiggles his eyebrows in a goofy manner.

"I wanna be as close to you as possible."

"Hello my name is Jay and I will be serving you- Kiana? Pao? Is that y'all?" I looked up seeing the only and only Jay Boosum.

I haven't seen him since high school and age had done him well.

His hair was super curly with a tan caramel complexion. His bright hazel eyes looked way better without the spectacles he use to wear.

The reason we knew him is because he was one of the smartest and sweetest guys at our school. Pao use to have the hugest crush on him until he came out saying he was gay.

He never told anyone else to my concern because he was afraid of how everyone would act. So Pao and I kept him secret all these years.

I instantly shot up out my seat pulling him into a tight hug and he did the same.

"Omg Jay! I haven't seen you since high school! How have you been?" I asked. I felt Aron's stare on the back of my neck.

Pao got up giving him a hug too as we both got glares from the men we were with.

"I'm been blessed. Yes I'm working in fast food but I'm still paying my way through college. You're looking at a future business man."

"I'm proud of you Jay! We have to catch up! I miss hanging out with you."

"What's your guys number? We all have to chill whenever I'm off." He asked as I passed him my phone allowing him to type in his number. He did the same with Pao.

"Whatever you guys want it's on me. Just let me know."

"If that's the case I'll take two chocolate waffles with scrambled eggs and bacon and black coffee." Tavis said rubbing his stomach.

"I'll take the same with hot chocolate." Pao said sitting back down with Tavis.

"I want three chocolate waffles and a steak patty melt." I said rubbing my aching stomach. It's like liquor and partying always make you hungry.