DNA

Kiki's POV

"Kiana."

"Kiana."

Why was it always me? Every time I try and open my heart I always get it crushed.

Maybe I wasn't capable of real love.

Never again.

"Kiana!" I looked at Pao for the first time.

She had been yelling my name this whole time but I was so stuck in thought I couldn't respond.

She had a worried look on her face as she drove fast down the interstate.

"I don't have to throw up." I said simply. I felt no emotions at the moment.

At first I wanted to cry but now I just feel numb.

"I wasn't going to ask that. Well I was but that's not the point. Are you ok?" She asked as soon as my phone started ringing.

I looked down seeing Aron's name. I push my power button twice to make the call go straight to voicemail. Only for him to call me again in that exact second.

I'm going to have to block him.

"Surprisingly I am ok. Yes I'm hurt but I'm so damn numb right now I don't know how to act. I'm just happy you were there so I could get away from him. I don't know the first thing I would ask or say." I admitted I just felt like a dumb bitch. I fell in love with a man within a month. I gave him my cookie on the first night of meeting him. I broke the first two rules that you don't break in dating.

Instead of feeling sorry for myself and shutting down like I usually would.

I felt like it was time for me to have some fun and not be so introverted. I couldn't let myself be moped up in the house getting drunk off my ass anymore.

I needed to experience life in the best ways possible.
Who knows maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

"I'm so sorry Kiki. I really thought he was a good guy for you. It's my fault you're even feeling like this right now." It looked at if Pao was ready to cry.

"No Pao no. It's not your fault at all. You just wanted me to feel love with someone the way you do with Tavis and I thank you for that. For that month I actually felt what it feels like to be with some you love. I don't regret that feeling at all. It's just showed me that one day I'll have that feeling again and it's going to be hundred times better." Pao wiped a single tear that escaped down her cheek.

"Why the fuck am I crying? I should be the one comforting you." Pao said causing us both to laugh.

"Because you're a empath I told you this." I said as we started laughing again.

I felt my phone ring again seeing Aron's name for the sixth time. I pressed the power button again before going to his contact blocking him from calling me ever again.

I looked down at my half eaten ice cream cone tossing it out the window.

I had lost my appetite.

"Let's go to the club. And this time were going to have fun my way."

**