"Yup," Kai pops the 'p'. "All is well. Wiped out some bad guys, grabbed a snack."

Rory licks her lips, shaking her head with a look of disgruntlement. "I bet Sofya's just fiending to know what's up with Marcel," she mutters as she stalks past Klaus. She slaps her gloves against his chest to make her way out of the courtyard. "And if you want to know what happened, ask your brother!" Rory calls, swinging the gate closed behind her.

Rory is right to assume that Sofya would be steadily awaiting Marcel's return. The older vampire is sat on the bench near the Quarter, one of her legs crossed over the other. Rory comes to a stop in front of her, letting her arms hang by her sides.

"Where is he?" Sofya immediately questions.

"All of this for a man," Rory responds.

"I think you should be the last person to tell me that, given you and your fiancé's history," Sofya retorts. She crosses her arms over her chest. "Where is Marcel?" she repeats her question.

Rory smiles. "Don't worry, he's safe and sound."

"We had a deal. You gave me your word," Sofya's lips twist into an ugly scowl as she stands up, furious at Rory's response.

"I've come to learn that words really mean nothing— at the end of the day, it's my choice on whether I choose to deliver. I choose not," Rory takes a step towards Sofya, quirking an eyebrow. "This is my city now. And I don't care if you're angry, I don't care if you're displeased— until the Hollow is properly dealt with and I can ensure Marcel doesn't play a threat to my family, I'll make sure to take good care of him."

Sofya lets out a soft round of laughter under her breath. Hurt and anger is clear in her gaze as she opens her mouth to speak. "You know, people would always go on and on about you. How you're so kind, and you're so great. Rory Gilbert would never hurt anyone— if only they knew the snake you actually are," Sofya hisses. "You are just as much of a monster as that family. This little façade of yours? It's going to get old. People aren't going to be fooled anymore. They're going to know that ugly heart."

"Your boyfriend thinks my heart is very pretty," Rory tilts her head to the side, a small smile on her lips. "I've had my fair share of shit thrown in my direction, Sofya. I've earned this ugliness— quite frankly, I'm surprised people still underestimate me. Me— the real me— has been standing here all along. You see, when someone sees something beautiful, it's rare they want to disturb that vision. I've never tried to hide the person I am, Sofya. People just choose to overlook it."

Rory turns on her heel to walk away, but Sofya calls out for her once more. "You don't even want to know why I despise that family so much?" she asks. "Why I was so determined to rid the world of Niklaus Mikaelson?"

Rory turns around to face her, folding her hands. "I've always liked a bedtime story."

"Five hundred years ago," Sofya begins. "A Russian village named Kalach— a nice summer day. Big, happy family, outdoor wedding feast. I'd gone off to get more wine; I returned to see him feeding on my sister. The wedding party...my entire family...all dead. I hid and watched what he did."

Rory's expression doesn't change. "If you think that a story about the loss of an entire family is going to sway my decision, I'm afraid I have to tell you not to get your hopes up. I'm so sorry that Klaus did that to your family, but I can't let you kill him— I still have to marry him," Rory gives her a sweet smile. "I'm glad he made sure to confiscate your weapons, though; I wouldn't want you to get ambitious."

"Careful not to overplay your hand, Rory," Sofya calls out as Rory turns to walk off. "That loyalty you speak of from the city will soon come to an end now that you've dropped the mask. Turns out what's buried on the inside isn't so pretty."