𝟏𝟕

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory awakens to the smell of bacon permeating her nose. She lifts herself from her—slightly uncomfortable—sleeping position, rubbing her eyes. She unlocks her phone to check the time, seeing that it's only 9:30 am. She looks down at Klaus, who's still asleep. His head is bent in a slightly uncomfortable position, but he's fast asleep and doesn't seem to care that he could potentially snap his neck if he were to move a centimetre to the left.

"Nik," Rory mumbles sleepily, shaking his shoulder. Klaus doesn't move, but she knows that he's waking up. He's a light sleeper anyway; the smallest amount of movement would've woken him up. "Nik." she says again.

One of his eyes peel open. "My bloody neck hurts."

"You're the one that wanted to sleep out here," Rory responds as she clambers off his lap. She tightens the blanket around herself, feeling the morning breeze prickle at her skin. "Come on, I think they're making breakfast. I smell bacon."

"We don't even need breakfast," Klaus replies, but he doesn't argue any further as he pushes himself into a standing position.

Rory and Klaus trail into the motel room to see Kai and Hayley by the stove. The heretic seems to be doing most of the cooking, whereas Hayley was going back and forth between flipping the bacon and feeding Hope in her baby chair. Both the hybrids turn to face the couple, Kai waving enthusiastically.

"Good morning," Kai greets pleasantly as Rory slumps into a chair, tucking her head into her arms. "You idiots slept outside last night and forgot to close the balcony door."

"Sorry," Rory mutters. "Last minute decision."

"That's not an excuse," Kai places the spatula of scrambled eggs in front of her. "Taste. Do you think it needs salt?"

Rory takes a small mouthful, wincing as the food burns her tongue. "I think it's fine," she responds.

"Fine?" Kai repeats. "I did not spend over 10 years in the prison world trying to perfect my cooking for you to tell me that my breakfast food is just fine."

"I'm a vampire, Kai. I can't really judge food by the taste."

"What the hell are you talking about? Dead body doesn't mean dead taste buds."

"Language," Hayley scolds, covering Hope's ears. "Baby on board, guys."

Kai stares straight into Hayley's eyes. "Fuck." he says.

"You're the worst," Hayley rolls her eyes, tossing one of Hope's toys in Kai's direction.

"Hey, I'm working with fire here!" Kai yelps, swatting the plush toy away.