𝟏𝟓

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Klaus was a complex man, but at the end of the day, he was still a man. Though he would describe himself as more emotionally in touch with himself than he was before due to his supportive and beautiful fiancée, he wouldn't actually say he enjoyed talking about feelings. It was something that he knew was healthy, and it made Rory happy to hear that he was voicing out his concerns.

But after a few days, one would get tired of voicing out their concerns.

"How are you feeling today?" Rory inquired as she stuck her head through the doorway of Klaus' study. He exhaled through his nose, setting his glass of alcohol on the table that sat beside him. He turned to face her, cocking his head as he regarded the girl.

"Come inside," Klaus gestured with his finger, pushing away from the desk that stood in front of him. Rory did as told, closing the door behind her. She stepped into the study, pouring herself a glass of alcohol. Klaus simply watched, content with simply observing the casual way in which Rory moved about his personal space. "Love," he called, making Rory turn to face him. "Let's talk."

Rory made her way towards him, placing her glass down after taking a sip of bourbon. Her lower back leans against the desk as she stood directly in front of him, arms crossed over her chest.

"I asked how you were feeling." she murmured softly, reaching forward to brush aside a curl that fell over his forehead.

"I feel...like I'd like you to stop asking me how I feel," Klaus simply responded. Rory's eyebrows rose in slight discontent. He leaned forward, his arms barricading either side of her thighs. "Because I'll still feel the same from the last time you asked me how I felt."

"I'm just worried," Rory cupped Klaus' chin in her hand, gently trailing her thumb over his bottom lip. "You've been so quiet these days. And I know how you are with your stupid paranoia. Freya's been working overtime."

"I know that you're worried, darling. It's part of your vocabulary at this point, but there's nothing to worry about on my end," Klaus gently kisses her thumb. "I'm simply quiet because I've been thinking."

"Thinking about?"

About how my enemies are going to increase tenfold and come after you. "About our trip to Spain," Klaus lied, simply because it was easier. Rory seems to relax at the mention of the upcoming trip, a small smile growing upon her lips. Klaus tugs her by the hips to straddle his lap on the chair, leaning back to examine her. "What would you like to do while we're there?"

Rory shrugs. "Nothing in particular. I do want to go to the beach, though. Maybe tan," Rory wraps her arms around Klaus' neck, situating herself in a more comfortable position on his lap. "We need to get lots of souvenirs, though. And you need to show me everything that's great about it. I bet you've been everywhere."