𝟎𝟔

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    When Rory wakes up, she's running. She doesn't know where she is, and who she's running from, but she's running for her life. Her heart feels like it's about to jump out of her ribcage with how hard it pounds, adrenaline rushing through her veins. It's dark, and she registers trees around her. A branch smacks her in the face—cuts her cheek and forces her into an abrupt stop. She lets out a small sound of pain as she reaches up to touch the wound on her skin.

    It's not healing.

    She looks down at her feet and she realises that she isn't wearing the pair of jeans that she sported, but she was wearing a long gown. Her hair is down to her waist, and her sides feel like they're being crushed because she's in a corset. She's not Rory, she doesn't think. She's not in New Orleans, either. All she sees is darkness and she can smell the outdoors, but not more than a regular person could.

    She's not a vampire, she's human. She can't vamp speed away.

    "She's here," a voice familiar to her calls out. Rory whirls around when she hears Elijah's voice. She's tempted to call out for him, to call attention to her, when she hears what he says next. "Katerina! I know you're near—I can smell your blood. It's pointless to run; Klaus will find you wherever you are."

    Katerina. I'm not Rory. Katerina—that's me. Klaus will find you. Don't trust Elijah. Keep running.

    And so Rory turns on her heels and she starts to sprint. Even without her vampire hearing, she can detect Elijah's footsteps. She trips on a branch and she sprawls across the floor and her entire body seizes up in fright. Because Elijah is so close. Her hands tremble by her head, shielding her face like it could save her.

    Run, Katherine.

    "This way," another man speaks. Trevor. Oh, she hasn't heard that voice in a while. She hasn't heard that voice since Elijah decapitated him, five hundred years from now. "There is more blood over there."

    The sound of footsteps turn away, following Trevor's instructions. Rory isn't allowed a moment of reprieve before she pushes herself into a standing position again. She's prepared to start running, but Trevor appears in front of her. A sound leaves her mouth and he immediately slams his palm over her mouth to prevent her from voicing anything out.

    "Head east. I can't lead them astray anymore," Trevor tells her, and Rory, for some reason, remembers. Remembers that Trevor is besotted with her and she has him wrapped around her finger like she always does.

    Her mouth moves for her. "I can't run anymore," Rory—no, Katherine—pants.

    "Never mind. There's a cottage; you'll be safe there. Go!" Trevor places a hand on her lower back, and shoves her in the direction he points to.