𝟎𝟒

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

She's spent most of her time running away from Klaus that actually seeing him again makes her rethink everything. She hasn't spoken to Dean since she returned from seeing him; she doesn't know if it's the guilt eating her up or if it's the fact that she just couldn't speak to anyone right now in fear of blurting out something completely stupid. She finds it difficult to look either Sam or Dean in the eye, because she knows that she's hiding this humongous secret from them and she can't bring herself to tell them.

What does she say to her boyfriend? Hey, so remember the guy I told you about? The one that I betrayed, broke his heart and ran away because I'm a coward who can't face up to what I've done? Well, surprise! He's actually in New Orleans right now, and he almost kissed me last night, and even though I told him no, I actually wanted him to kiss me. Like, really, really badly. Sorry for being a shitty girlfriend!

Fuck.

It doesn't help that Klaus knows her like the back of his hand. Everything he said last night ▬ the fact that she doesn't love Dean because she's in love with someone else, that being with him was just easier ▬ was true. Everything that he said to her was true and she had to take the truth like a slap to the face. The realisation hit her like a brick, and she doesn't know how she's going to move forward from here. She didn't expect to see Klaus, she didn't expect to see Elijah, she doesn't know where Rebekah is but she suspects that the younger Original is around here somewhere...she hates that the Mikaelsons have such a strong hold on her; a hold that even her own family doesn't have.

"Hey," Dean raps his knuckles against the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest as he regards his girlfriend. Rory's been in bed for most of the day, her hair in pigtails as she mulls over a review for a movie she's planning on watching. "You okay?"

Rory averts her eyes from the laptop on her lap, feigning a smile. "Yeah," she lies, just because it's easier. She isn't even really paying attention to what she's doing ▬ she's just doing it so she looks like she isn't losing her mind currently. "Just... y'know. Chilling."

"You've been really quiet. Haven't really spoken at all since you came back yesterday," Dean enters their shared room, tossing himself on the bed next to her. He leans in close, and Rory resists the urge to flinch away. She feels dirty ▬ she feels dirty because she knows that last night, she almost kissed someone else and she wanted it. "If you've got something on your mind, you're free to share with the class."

"Trust me, I don't think the class is ready for what I'm thinking," Rory spares him a smile as she shuts her laptop, resting against the pillows.

Dean looks a little disappointed, the way he always does when Rory chooses not to share what she feels. It's complicated, their relationship. Though there are sweet moments and the ones that she truly treasures, there's a clear divide between the two of them. Dean has a lot of baggage on his own side, and Rory has her own. The two of them, though they trust each other, still aren't at the point where they're really ready to unload all of it. Between them, it's pretty much just a Pretty Little Liars special.