𝟎𝟗

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When Rory opens her eyes again, she sees Elena sitting in front of her. The blistering pain in her neck turns into a soft, dull throbbing. It doesn't hurt that much anymore, but her mouth feels dry and her body feels too heavy for her to move. She's a little confused, because she's sure that Elena is supposed to be in a magically induced coma.

"Elena?" Rory questions. Her throat feels like needles are being jabbed into her windpipe. Her eyes close for a second, opening again as if to make sure her sister is really there. Elena doesn't move—she's still there. She smiles at Rory, cocking her head. "Elena, what are you doing here?"

"Just checking in on my big sister," Elena responds. She reaches forward, her fingers brushing over Rory's forehead. Rory almost flinches away, but the touch feels so real. But this isn't right; this can't be right. Elena is... Elena is asleep. "You look really bad, Rory. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Mm," Rory's head lolls to the side. "I'm so glad... I'm so glad you're here," Rory attempts to lift her hand, but her body feels to weak. Her bones ache. She wants to take another nap. "Elena, I'm... I'm so sorry," Rory whispers. "I'm sorry for letting Kai live. He's my... he's my friend, you know?"

"Shh," Elena hushes her. "Don't talk," Elena cups Rory's face in her hands. She brushes a bead of sweat that's trailing over the side of Rory's head. "The more you talk, the faster it is for the venom to sink in. Just close your eyes, Rory."

"Venom?" Rory croaks.

"Werewolf venom," Elena's head cocks to the side. There's a shift in demeanour as Rory's vision blurts temporarily. "Poor little Rory. You're dying. Again. Seems like you're always in some near-death situations these days, hm?"

"Elena... Elena, call Nik," Rory rasps. "I need... I need his blood."

'Elena' tuts, shaking her head. "Why would I call for the man that's hunted me for 500 years, little me?" the brunette across her isn't her twin sister anymore. Rory's vision focuses on the doppelganger sitting in front of her. Elena's straight hair has turned curly, her innocent doe eyes glinting mischievously.

Katherine.

"Poor, poor, you. I gotta say, I think this is some karmic retribution for what you did to me," Katherine leans against her arms on the floor, crossing one of her legs over the other. "After you shoved the cure down my throat and left me there to die, I'm going to take great pleasure in watching you suffer slowly."

"Katherine," Rory can't keep her eyes open anymore. "Katherine, please help me."

Katherine leans forward. She meets Rory's eyes, a soft smile on her lips. "Sure I'll help you, Rory," she whispers softly. "I'll put you out of your misery."