𝟎𝟗

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

She thinks she's become more weapon than person in the past few years.

A sick sort of kaleidoscope of personalities that change like the weather, never being able to settle upon an identity. She's Aurora, her parents' child, a doll-like ballerina. She's Rory, a friend, a fiancée. She's a Petrova, a betrayer, a survivor. A Mikaelson...? A killer, a savage sort of beast that scavenges the remains of fallen foe—a cornered animal, lashing out when angry. Maybe a Parker, never by blood, but by bond—a childlike wonder that was never discovered, crushed beneath the hands of anger and violence.

A Gilbert. A sister. A parent. A runaway.

Receiving a text message from a twin sister that was once in a magically induced coma sent a nauseating feeling in her stomach. She once thought that this would only happen long after she was dead; after she played a little too well into her enemies' hands, and she was either ash or dirt in Lafayette Cemetery with Kai or Klaus sobbing over her remains.

But it happens on a Wednesday evening over a glass of wine and Evil Dead playing on her TV, with her legs tucked into her chest and a blanket covering her shoulders—with Klaus pacing the room, attempting to find a way to unify his adoptive son and his family.

From: Elena
Come visit?

It's a two-worded text that makes Rory's chest hurt, her stomach twist, and her eyesight blur with tears. Klaus stares at the brunette like she's grown two heads after she bursts into sobs, her shoulders shaking with every sound that leaves her mouth. It's almost childlike, the way her arms curl into her knees, the vacant part of her ribcage finally filled with the knowledge that her sister had woken from her slumber.

Kai entered the room like his ass was on fire, Elijah close behind. Klaus lifts the phone in his grip with a grim look on his face, and the Parker heretic doesn't do anything except stare at the girl he now knows as his sister. He forgets that the place that he took wasn't always his.

Rory's response was instantaneous—she had packed a bag, left a kiss on Klaus' forehead, and told him that she'd call. It was the same routine she did before she left for Mystic Falls years ago, where she first bumped into Kai. This time, the heretic watched her go with a pit in his stomach that he couldn't shake.

Will she hate me after seeing Elena? Will she be as forgiving as she was as a naïve girl who only wanted a friend?

━━━

Mystic Falls plagues Rory's chest with nostalgia. The streets that she used to run with Elena, with Caroline, with Bonnie were replaced by something different. But it looked so, so familiar. She supposed she shouldn't have been surprised that the empty lot her once-burnt house was is now filled—it looks like construction had started, and the old bones that were gone were being built once more.