Chapter 18- Tae time

(Y/N) POV:

I was slowly trying to convince my mind to relax and let go of the past and start accepting my soulmates. It wasn't an easy battle, but it was one I was determined to win. Even though I was flawed and imperfect, I was willing to give what I had to my soulmates, I was willing to begin with them.

Old habits die hard though, I tried not to flinch every time one of them came near me and into the bubble I had envisioned around me but when they did it took all my willpower not to yank myself away, I kept telling myself they were my soulmates. It was just that the word had become associated with all the hurt and worries I had kept bottled up inside me.

I entered through the door with Namjoon, sliding off my shoes quietly and entering the living room but froze when I noticed the rest had gathered there and were seated watching a movie. Heads spun to look at me and Namjoon as we entered, movie forgotten in the background and Hoseok and Jimin's eyes narrowed. Busted.

I tried to carefully edge myself out but the warning glares they sent were enough to halt my steps. I turned guiltily to face them, looking up at them from lowered lashes. It was like standing before a teacher waiting for the inevitable scolding, I braced myself for the impact, eyes clenching shut against the barrage of words I was going to get hurled at me.

"(Y/N)-ah, next time take us with you, okay?" a soft voice said, and I cracked open one eye to see Jimin smiling at me, lips stretched into a smile. There was no anger, no hurt.

I nodded silently.

"You're not off the hook though Namjoon-ah." Hoseok called, staring at him with a glint in his eyes.

I spun to see Namjoon's face paling slightly, I couldn't let him take the fall. I had agreed to go with him. I moved to stand in front of him, trying my best to shield him from view and the threatening promise that lingered in the air. Even though Namjoon towered over me I did my best to protect him, throwing my arms out on either side to form a physical wall between them and him.

"Namjoon doesn't get punished. I decided to go, we're both equal in this." I said, voice firm and gaze surprisingly unwavering as I looked at Hoseok in the eyes and then the others trying to convey through my stares that to get to Namjoon, they'd have to get through me first.

TAE POV:

I watched heart bursting with the sheer cuteness that (Y/N) was unintentionally giving off. Was she trying to tempt me into stealing her away from the rest of them? I realised how much we must've missed in the time we didn't know she was our soulmate. We had unknowingly deprived ourselves on one of the most adorable sights we could ever lay our eyes on.

She was standing in front of Namjoon hyung, even though her height did nothing to shield him from our view she was adorably adamant as she flung her arms out trying to form a physical barrier between him and us. Her face was focused, lips twisted in a determined pout and brown orbs gazing into our eyes unwaveringly strong and slightly threatening. Whilst she didn't look like a threat, her eyes promised something else. A glimpse of the revenge she would carry out.

"Namjoon doesn't get punished. I decided to go, we're both equal in this." Her voice radiated confidence and I saw the true person behind the avoidant behaviour she put up, her was a girl who stuck to her words and didn't hesitate to say what needed to be said. I couldn't wait to see more of her feisty nature.

But looking at her now just made me want to pull her into a hug and smoosh those incredibly soft looking cheeks, they out-rivalled Jimin-ah's. I couldn't wait to get her to slowly open up to us.

I clapped my hands, drawing attention to me instead of the warm eyes focused on (Y/N), breaking off the silent confrontation that seemed to be going on as Yoongi hyung smirked at (Y/N)'s narrowed gaze.