Chapter 1- chanced encounters

"(Y/N), (Y/N), wake up! You're gonna be late!" I was being shaken awake gently whilst the voice itself was frantic.

I bolted upwards, quickly glancing at the time the numbers glaring at me.

I darted out of bed, throwing off my duvet and promptly...fell to the ground having gotten my feet trapped in the sheets landing headfirst into the plush carpet.

Immediately, my friend bent over to help me up fussing over me as she examined my head, carefully cupping it in her hands before giving a butterfly kiss to my cheeks.

"Ahh, stop it unnie. I'll be late." I giggled as I tried to get up, rushing to my wardrobe to grab clothes before darting into the bathroom but just as I was entering, I stubbed my toe making me hop around and try not to curse knowing unnie was watching me.

Quickly getting dressed, I ran over to grab my bag, pulling on my socks and hopping on either foot as I pulled on my boots. There was no time for breakfast. I'd have to grab something in between lectures.

Outfit:

"Bye unnie, I'll be back late, I have a shift at the café today

"Bye unnie, I'll be back late, I have a shift at the café today." I called out as I grabbed my keys and left.

"Yah! You haven't eaten anything. You missed dinner too." Her voice called out just as the door slid shut.

I waited for the elevator to arrive on the ground floor, darting out as it did, shouting out a goodbye to the lovely housekeeper as I dashed past.

Luckily the dorms weren't too far from campus, so I was only a tiny bit out of breath as I dashed into the lecture hall, keeping my head down refusing eye contact as I hurried to the back.

I sat down bringing out my notebook and pencil case. I preferred hand-writing notes in lectures and then typing them up at a later point. The professor entered the lecture hall and set up the screen for the slides. My hands worked on autopilot, making notes as I somewhat payed attention to the lesson. The hour passed slowly, and I could slowly feel the pangs of hunger gnaw at me.

"And that's it, please read up on the theory of deprivation by Bowlby for discussion next lesson. You're dismissed." Their voice rang out and the hall echoed with all the student's saying thanks.

I lethargically got to my feet, packing up my writing materials before slinging my backpack on. I had another lecture to get to within the next 15 minutes so I couldn't pop over to the café just off campus for a quick drink and snack. Sighing at my misfortune, I trudged towards my literature class.

"Hey! (Y/N) wait!" a voice called out, I spun around to face the person my eyes widening in alarm and recognition.

The tall male ambled forward, long legs easily catching up to where I stood frozen and the traffic of students had clustered to watch.

Once he got near me, he flashed his signature boxy smile.

"You dropped this in the lecture hall." He said holding out my pencil-case. I looked at the hands holding it out towards me. I hesitated whilst looking at his long-fingered limbs.