Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

In the car journey, Cole told me that there was no way out of this island, death is the only possible way of getting out of here-but there’s no way I’m going to kill myself so I can get out of here, I’m going to have to find another way. Whenever Cole and I have different classes we’d get two security guards each-one teenage one and one guy-I still don’t get why we have to have teenagers as security guards but I didn’t bother complaining because it only made us look bad ass-in my case more bad ass.

As we made our way down the crowded corridors, two of the S.G (Security Guards) stepped In front of us and made everyone move to the side, creating a very narrow pathway, I walked closely behind Cole seem as he knew his way around the school.

Girls batted their eye lashed at Cole, but he didn’t seem to be interested in either one of them, one of them even had the nerve to mime the word ‘skank’ to me, I’ve never used the word myself but I knew very well that it meant whore and I am no whore, I stuck my middle finger up at her and continued to walk-she couldn’t touch me and I smirked at that-Not that I wasn’t in the mood for a fight.

Cole ushered me into the office, where I had to get a sticker that said. ‘Hello, my name is Adrienne’-Great-Cole left the office when the bell rang, leaving me in the office with two S.G’s.

‘You know, you guys don’t have to follow me everywhere…’ I sighed, sitting on one of the chairs while I waited for the receptionist to print my timetable and my locker information.

‘As a matter of fact-We do…’ The teenage one said. ‘I’m Clark is this is Derrick-he doesn’t say much but his moves at fighting make up for it’ I nodded slowly, and tried to pretend I care.

‘Okay, Clark’ I said, collecting my timetable from the receptionist. ‘I’ve got gym, In England we call that P.E-Stands for physical education-America is so bloody complex’ Clark chuckled and held the door open for me. I managed to find my way to the Gym, when I walked in there were girls and boys playing volleyball.

‘You must be the new kid…Here put these on’ the coach demanded, throwing what appears to be a football kit-They must think because I’m English I’m good at football-I am-But I didn’t want to play.

I sighed and went into the changing rooms to change; at least I wasn’t followed by Clark & Derrick. I quickly got changed into the kit and gave my bags to Clark-I remember watching one of them American high school movies that when they changed his friends stole his clothes from his locker and hid them-I sat on what they call the bleachers and just waited until I was called up.

First there was game of dodge ball, I amongst all the other loser looking people had to be the ones to dodge the balls. I stood next to a girl who looked like she just might piss herself, she was actually quite pretty and I’m talking Miranda Kerr pretty.

‘Hi…I’m Summer Walker’ Summer smiled sticking her hand out at me. ‘D’you wanna stick together on this one?’

I smiled. ‘Sure…I’m Adrienne-What’s your affinity?’

‘Fire, like everybody else on this island-but apparently there is an Avatar living in the big house-she’s the daughter of George Nateman-From what I’ve heard, she’s pretty badass’ Summer whispered. ‘What’s your affinity?’

‘You’re about to find out…’ I grinned, mostly at the fact that word hard got around about me being badass, pity no one knew who I was. Someone threw a ball in my direction, Summer and the rest of the dodgers hurried to the other side of the hall. I spread my arms out and jerked my finger towards the open window causing air to pile in the room, I managed to get in under control and used the air to control the ball, I used it to hit one of the throwers-I know it was cheating, but I don’t play by the rules.

I looked outside to see a bag of dirt, Okay…this is it. After I’ve use all three elements, I won’t be the dodger and I can do whatever I bloody well wanted to do, like escape the island. I arched my eyebrow smugly at the next three people, who was getting ready to throw the ball at me.

I motioned my hand towards the bag of dirt and used it to create a wall of dirt around me and the other dodgers who had somehow made their way over to me all the balls that hit the dirt wall rebounded and hit all the throwers. The girl throwers shrieked in dismay as the dirt covered their hair.

‘Hey!-you’re looking a little dirty, how about some water to wash you off a bit’ I took some more source from the water fountain outside and showered water on all the people who threw the balls. The dodgers and I burst out laughing as the throwers slipped as they tried to get to the changing rooms.

‘That’s was amazing, Adrienne’ Summer beamed. ‘I’m guessing you’re the Avatar that everyone is talking about then…’

‘Yup, that’s me…’ I smiled. ‘If you stick with me, we’re going to be great friends’ I added, taking my bags from Clark and going into the changing rooms.

Picture Of Summer At The Side >>>>

Happy New Year Everyone!!