Chapter 19

"Congratulations its a beautiful baby girl," a woman spoke in your head, you were fairly aware that this was just another dream, but it was strange, hazy and white.

Someone began to sob, as she sniffed away the tears she spoke, "She is so beautiful, she's so very precious," you felt someone place a kiss on your head their lips so delicate and loving.

You still didn't see anything or anyone in the dream but all of your senses were there, your touch, your hearing, your smell and taste it was all there but not the sight. A blinding white light surrounded you in a warm embrace and you could smell the distinctive cleanliness of a hospital.

The white around you blinked, like a light warming up, and then your sight was revealed and you were looking up at two women, women you had never met before. The first woman spoke again, "what will you call her, Lady Eira?"

Then the woman directly above you spoke, in an almost angelic voice, it ringed through the hall in a delicate tone, she gave a sweet chuckle before tickling under your chin, "I shall call her ____."

"____ how beautiful," there was a silence for a while, but it wasn't awkward and it didn't feel long, as you looked into Eira's eyes you felt home and wasn't aware of the lack of dialect then who you now assumed was some kind of nurse continued, "she has her fathers eyes and your smile Lady Eira, he would be so happy," the nurse then placed a hand on Eira's shoulder and you noticed her squeeze slightly.

A single tear rolled down her cheek and landed on your arm, it was warm and filled with sorrow as it dripped onto the white silk sheet underneath you. You had realised by now this was you as a baby but neither of the women were your mother, you assumed you were having a strange dream because you were pretty sure your mother would have named you not some random stranger with such a strange old name, but at the same time familiar and sounded so natural to your tiny ears.

Eira picked you up and cradled you to her chest, your hands grabbing the material of her dress, "Iona why must it be this way?"

The nurse looked at her, her face dropped immediately and she looked so sad, "because that's what her father fought for, that's what he wanted and this is what must be done," Iona said sternly though her face showed she felt otherwise.

"Then take her Iona, take her and never ever show her me again, never speak about her, but tell the All Father, tell Odin that my conditions still stands and she must keep her name, Lady ____ my beautiful girl."

Iona grabbed your slumbering body and held you against her chest, quickly you began to cry, cry to be back with Eira and you missed her, missed her so much like your chest burned with longing to be held by her again and then your eyes shut and the world became light again until you finally woke.

A/N I know it's a short one, but it fits better as it's own chapter. So this is kind of leading on to another book where you learn about your past and stuff - one more chapter and that will drawn an end to this book I think.

Also thank you so much for the suggestions, it definitely helped to sculpt the idea in my head further :D

Hope you've enjoyed so far!

Thanks,

Els_Bels