Chapter 8

When you next opened your eyes you believed to be at home, as a loud siren like alarm noise echoed off the walls of your room.

'Great. Work,' you thought trying to stretch your arm to hit the alarm.

When you couldn't you looked about and realised you weren't home, instead you were in the hospital room and you noticed the once white walls were flashing with red lights from the hallway and you could hear a rush of people outside the door. You rubbed your eyes trying to piece together what had happened, but it all seemed a blur.

"Attention this building is on immediate lock-down, please mind clear of the outside walls."

It kept repeating and repeating and you began to notice the door that led to a balcony outside was slowly becoming closed off by a metal wall. You stood up bringing the white sheet with you and wrapping it around your body as you walked to the wall that was almost halfway down.

"Attention this building is on immediate lock-down, please mind clear of the outside walls."

You placed a hand to the metal and held it there while the door continue downwards to your chest, it was half way now.

"He went this way!" Men from outside your room shouted, when the familiar voice of Nick Fury added, "I want him alive, but do not let him escape this building at any cost."

You turned to face the door, "hello?" You shouted "Should I stay in here or..." you frowned. At that point something grabbed your sheet and pulled it under the metal wall that was now just below your waist.

"Hey!" You moaned as you turned to face the culprit, but instead you was greeted by a mist of air under the metal wall.

"Attention this building is on immediate lock-down, please mind clear of the outside walls."

"To be honest I'd rather be out there than stuck in here with who ever they are chasing." You added as you slipped under the metal and watched it close fully.

It was cold and the air was heavy with mist, the kind of rain that soaks you to the bone as soon as you step foot in it surrounded you and all you were wearing was some leggings and a jumper. You shivered and tried to look out over the balcony in front of you, but you could barely see past your own nose. You walked back to the metal wall and began to regret coming out, you shivered again and that's when you remembered your sheet.

"Hello?" You called daintily and sighed and hugged your arms against your chest, making a disapproving noise. You walked back to the balcony and held the slippery bar that had hundreds of raindrops clung to its surface. You moved your hand across it allowing the drops to fall off the edge. You tried looking down but you couldn't see down that way either, feeling pretty secluded. All of a sudden you was wrapped in your sheet and it was warming, and surprisingly not as wet as you thought it might be out here, it covered your hair and fell to your ankles. You froze not knowing how to react and waited before you were greeted by a pair of hands around your waist and then a head rested on you shoulder.

"Darling?"

It was him. That voice. His voice. The voice you couldn't possibly help but be weak at the knees for and as soon as it rang through the air you shivered but this time not because of the weather.

...

...

It was quiet for longer than you anticipated, but you weren't quite aware of how to answer. You opened your mouth and closed it. You breathed, thought, opened your mouth and nothing.

"Perhaps I should do the talking?" He asked and you waited.

...

...