Chapter 12

You had been wandering around for most of the day doing nothing apart from indulging yourselves in pointless conversation, getting to know each other the most you'd ever spoke without arguing, it was nice and you didn't want it to end. But this was your life now, your on the run, never safe again life and it sucked.

"____?" Loki asked looking over at you, you couldn't see him so clearly not as much as you would have liked to as it was now dark and nobody was around, only you, Loki and the lapping waves against the shore.

"Yes?"

"Do you ever think about...dying?"

"Dying?"

You noticed him nod slightly in the moonlight.

"I guess. You live. You die. That's the way the world works," you explained.

"Yes, your world," Loki sighed and you could tell something was aggravating him.

"Loki, I am not going to die....anytime soon anyway," you laughed in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"No but love you've got to understand that, I am going to watch you grow old and die, and that would kill me," he explained.

It made sense to you, of course you wouldn't want to watch him stay young and you wouldn't want to hold him back when you got old and decrepit, "I don't want you to see me that way either, but I am not going to let you leave me! I don't care how long we stay together but how ever long it is we might as well make the most of it, it beats being so god damn morbid!"

"You're right," he said pulling you closer to him, he then spun you around to face him and began to kiss you, it wasn't passionate at first, but whenever he kissed you, you couldn't help yourself it was like every minute with him counted and it didn't matter if people saw.

When he broke away and continued to walk forward you asked, "what was that for?"

"Sometimes I can't help myself," he smirked even in the dark you could sense it.

You were almost back to Loki's vehicle when you heard a familiar noise, a noise you wouldn't expect in a place such as this, you closed your eyes and breathed like a bullet had slammed through your chest you knew how much of a fool you were, because everything in that moment - that one perfect moment. You knew who was coming and you knew why.

"____ what is it?" Loki asked noticing your state.

"My phone Loki they tracked my phone," you grabbed the now alien device from your pocket and your stomach lurched as the sound of the helicopter grew closer.

Loki was stiff, he hadn't moved since you'd uttered them words, he was so angry, but not with you, he was angry that he was going to let you be imprisoned because of him.

"Attention Loki, surrender now or we'll shoot. Make your move!" A voice boomed from the loud machinery above, a light beaming on you both blinding your slowly adjusting eyes.

Loki grabbed you viciously be the coat and pulled you to his chest immediately changing into his armor pressing a knife to your throat, you swallowed hard and slowly. Pain now surging through your body, tears began to fill your eyes and you fought to hold them back, what was Loki doing.

"I swear if you fire at me I will kill ____ and she is entirely innocent, I made her believe what ever I wanted, only it seems someone had tweaked her memories and made her ever so easy to manipulate!" He said holding you tighter gripping the knife harder and almost slicing the sharp blade straight through your throat. You breath quickened and you tried to squirm from his grasp but it only made him hold tighter and cause a tiny incision in your throat, "stay still mortal!" He snapped his words were harsh and unforgiving, you could have thrown up.

"Loki surrender the girl and yourself and we won't shoot, I'm surprised you'd stoop as low to take a hostage." The voice from the copter added.

"How dare you speak of stooping so low, when you wiped a girls memory and drove her nearly insane just for your own sick gain!" Loki snapped at them, slowly walking backwards.

"We gave her memories didn't we, we gave her her family back, we didn't take everything!" They argued back at this point you'd melted into the background of the situation and you noticed as they fixed a gun to Loki its aim being calculated pin-point accurate they were buying time to kill him and Loki knew. Your eyes widened with worry and within a second Loki was shot, the perfect calculated shot, enough to hospitalise him but not enough to kill him. There was no way he would survive unless they took him now, and you weren't going to leave him, you didn't care that he had pulled a knife on you.

"Look here we are again ____, you, him, a dead body." The same voice taunted.

Your mind froze.

Your heart ripped its way out of your chest.

What did he mean?

You. A. Dead. Body. You?

Maybe it was right to have had your memory blanked?

You stare at your hands rubbing your eyes as you tried to wipe the image that was appearing before them. Blood on your hands. Something you couldn't wash away now you were entertaining the idea.

You weren't aware the helicopter had landed until Tony placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder, you winced away from his touch and began to shake feeling once more like insanity was taking over you, "that's enough Agent. Give the girl a break."

His voice was calm and friendly if you were to give in then, break down and fall apart you would have leaped into Tony's arms and wept. Wept until your eyes were red raw. There was movement to your left Tony's hand still on your shoulder tugging slightly to take you to the helicopter. You obliged turning your attention to the space where Loki's space ship had landed, wondering if you should end it all there and run inside, follow the helicopter later on, but you were too weak. Loki's body was being carried off now and it was so strange to see someone so powerful defeated. He was fading, you couldn't understand it, he was immortal wasn't he? You questioned yourself, was he bluffing?

What he had pulled back there was starting to make you wonder as well, why would he seriously take you hostage why would he want to manipulate you, if anything you was a liability to him, not an asset, you didn't believe for one minute he had manipulated you for his own gain. He loved you didn't he?

Loved?

Maybe that was a little dramatic you'd known him for less than a week. Did you love him? You shook the thought away too engrossed in your new surroundings, once more in a helicopter about to fly off to who knows where, and all you could see was death, what on earth did he mean, you, Loki and a dead body? It wasn't true surely? You looked over at Tony who smiled at you weakly almost reassuring and then you started the process once more.

Hatred.

Panic.

Questioning.

Imprisonment.

Hello! :D How are you all? Good I hope? Good! Well I have another update! Yay, I hope you enjoy! I am on holiday this weekend so, sorry no update, but the weekend after I'll get the next one up for you! And sorry for you being captured again :( but things are about to get better I promise. You being with the Avengers is going to help you remember :o

See you soon :))

Els_Bels