Chapter 9 - Fueling the Fires Until We Combust

Magsimula sa umpisa

Take my heart,

The boy turns the girl.

But please don't break it.

Love

The boy offers his hand to the girl. She takes it.

Was made for me and you.

Next after this was an instrumental which Newt and (Y/N) haven't thought out what to do yet. Their were suggestions from Mr. Gilbert yesterday that they were willing to follow. He suggested that they do the four variations or shuffle it a bit if they wanted. They mostly practiced only on the first verse and chorus of the song yesterday because if you get that, the other parts will be easy, according to him at least.

After practice the first verse and chorus two more times, they decided to rest. During their practice, (Y/N) was freaking out. Yes, she still couldn't handle herself around Newt that well.

The song didn't help.

Neither did the interpretation.

She practically feels like she's screaming her feelings for Newt with the way she looked at him. The way she smiles at him. She feels like she radiating all her love for him. She's pouring all her love for him. She feels as if she's so obvious that she should stop.

But then Newt doesn't realize.

At least, she doesn't think he does.

So, even if she thinks that she's really really obvious, Newt doesn't seem to pick up on it. So, she doesn't stop.

-

As of now, Newt and (Y/N) were helping the others learn the last and fourth variation. Many were having a lot of trouble on how to do it. Usually, when (Y/N) and Newt would teach, they would show it together and have the others follow their lead.

But then something happened that (Y/N) didn't know how to react to.

"Um Newt," Joan called, "can you help me learn the part?"

"Sure," Newt took (Y/N)'s hand, "where's Ben?"

"No, I mean with you as my partner."

Newt looked at (Y/N), as if to ask for permission. But who was she to ask for him to ask her permission? So many times she explained to Sonya that they were friends but it didn't look like she didn't believe it.

"Go ahead," (Y/N) slid her hand away from Newt.

She watched as Newt took Joan's hand. The two of them wrapped in each other's arms. They started to dance.

As much as (Y/N) tried to keep herself calm and keep things professional, she couldn't help but feel...conflicted. She understood that Joan did need help with the way she was fumbling the steps. (Y/N) watched as Newt patiently taught her how to do the steps.

This was another first for her.

This was the first time she was jealous over a boy. She hated this feeling. She feels so...bad. It just doesn't feel good.