(Denif x Sick!Reader) Sunflower

A request for AiraLiliane~ damn this girl spammed my notif way too hard-- and,thank you for giving me some scenarios UwU

Looks like it's Denif's turn again lol. By the way-- you're sick,it isn't temporary. More like an permanent illness.

And yes this won't be a modern AU.

Hope you like it~

✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈

"That girl is here again." distracted by Ventus's words,Denif take a look from the window,seeing you walking through the sunflower garden.

"Alright. I'll go ahead." he said,leave the elf alone with Ebalon in the El Master's office. Both of them smile,seeing that unexpected side of their senior.

"Denif really loves that lady... Interesting,ufufu~" Ebalon giggled under his book. Ventus keep watching you from the window,walking around in the garden.

"I know right? Denif changed a bit since the girl appeared." Ventus replied. How can you made this El Master of Water got interested in you? Ventus thought about that sometimes. Such a mysterious,interesting human indeed.

"But... Is this really fine? Since that girl... Doesn't have much time left." Ebalon said,with a sad tone. Ventus didn't reply. He knew the risk if Denif keep seeing you,who doesn't have much time left.

Ventus has warned about this to him for a few times. The risk. Denif knew about that. That's why he keeps his feeling seal away,so he can bear with it soon.

"I want her to live the way she want until the end of time."

Just a matter of time... Until it come to invite you.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

"Ah! Denif,you're here!" you cheered excitedly as you run to him and immediately trapped him in your hug. He sighed,getting used to this human custom.

"Don't run. You'll get tired." he said as he flicked your forehead and have a good 10 minutes of you got scolded by him.

"Alright alright~ I can take care of myself,don't worry!" you said as you gave him a big smile to him.

"So,what are you gonna do today?" he asked. The same question he will ask once you two met.

"I don't know... I just wanna spend my day with you! At this sunflower garden!" you said,again smiling brightly to him. Denif formed a little smile then he pat your head.

"Alright,if that's what you want." he said as you both started to have a walk,talking with each other at the sunflower garden.

Since the first day you two met,he has been spending half of his day with you. Denif will actually cancel whatever he's doing and immediately go to your side once he see you at the garden. It has become an everyday routine eventually.

"I knew it I should've break into the temple! Even the Lady of El recognised me now!" you said,remembering back three years ago,when you on purpose sneak into the temple just to see the garden.

"You were considered as an intruder obviously. You kept sneak inside here,and eventually we need to let you off since you don't mean any harm to us." Denif added more. You laughed it off. Oh how funny was that when you remembered it back. You were considered as an intruder. Even Rosso was about to burn you up. But look,now you're befriends with everyone.

"Well~ I'm sorry~ I really wanna get out from that centre you know! It's wayyyyy too boring. There's nothing to do..."

The centre. Where children with an illness stay there. They are not allow to get out from there without their caretaker's permission. You on the other hand,your caretaker is strict as hell. She won't let you out unless it's nearby. Consider yourself are lucky that she never caught you.

"Ah! A butterfly! Wait,let me catch it!" you immediately chased up that little butterfly. Denif facepalm,how childish you can be. But then,he laughed it off,seeing you chasing the butterfly.

"..." Denif keep watching you,chasing the butterfly. How childish she can be,he thought. As he keeps watching you,slowly he realized that-- moment like this will end eventually.

Once the time's up,there won't be any cheerful,childish girl will sneak into the garden and play around in the garden.

Like sunflower,they'll started to rot and die. You too,the sunflower girl,that shine the garden,will be gone too.

"... Ah."

He's crying. Yes,he is.

There's time that he actually regret not hearing Ventus's warning. Yet he can't help it,because he loves you. Really much.

Denif decided to keep his feelings seal away,deep inside his heart. He swear to himself to not love you,as it will hurt himself more.

But as you two are doing more memories,the more his heart aches. These moments of happiness,will turn into a bitter one.

He did think about let you know about his feelings. But,that doesn't matter. What's the point telling you,when you don't have much time left?

"Denif? Denif! Why are you... Crying?" you called him. Immediately,he snapped out from his deep thought and looked at you,who's holding a boutique of sunflower.

You and the sunflower look alike. They both are bright as a sun.

"I-It's nothing. It just... Ah,maybe I'm tired." he lied,wiping off his tears away.

"Dragon is a strong creature right? I know you can handle this!" you said,as you pat his head with a bright,wide smile of yours formed on your face.

He stare at you for a while. Seeing you smile,like seeing a sunflower blooming,already make him happy. He knew that this sunflower girl will disappeared one day,but,let's keep the dying part away. He swear to himself,to make you live happily.

He then suddenly pulled your arms and trapped you in his hug. Your face is getting warm and you're getting clueless.

"Huh? D-Denif? What's wrong with you?" you blushed,got a hug by the dragon himself.

"It's... Nothing." he whispered into your ear. You can hear his voice a little crack up because of his cry. You aren't sure what got into him,but you hugged him back anyway.

"I wanna make flower crowns! I'll make for you,other El Masters and the El Lady!" you said in excitement.

Such a bright smile,he thought.

Denif will keep making a lot of moments of happiness with you,

"Do as you please."

− until the bright smile of yours disappeared.

✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈

There you go~ this is kinda... Bad??? Yes yes im making it short on purpose-- Hope you enjoyed them though (´・ω・')

Wash your hands alright-- stay at home or I'll shoot you-- stay healthy and take care of yourself 💕

May you have a nice day.