(Denif x Reader) Mutual

It's time for our beloved Water El Master,Denif UwU *confetti*

This is not a modern AU alright-- cause- if i put denif in modern AU i can't imagine him without his horn and tail-

Enjoy-

✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈✦◈

You have been laying on your bed,staring at the ceiling of your room for god knows how long. Tossing yourself to the left,to right,left,right and repeat. You also have tried to shut your eyes but it just-- it doesn't work. Sigh,you get off from your bed and light up the lamp. Taking a walk around the places might help.

You walked across the hall,where there's nothing but only moonlight shines your path. You tried to not make any noises,afraid that you'll wake someone up.

Keep walking,until you saw that El Masters's office is still bright with the light. You sighed,Master Denif stays awake again huh? You thought.

It's the fourth time he actually stays awake like this and continue working like he did when it's daytime. If he stays like this,in the next day,you'll found him sleeping on his desk. You're getting more concerned about him as the day pass. Indeed,he's the El Master of Water and the oldest among all of the other El Master,he has a lot of responsibility than others but he should've at least be concerned about himself.

"Master Denif." you called as you stepped into his place. Denif immediately stopped whatever he's doing and looked at you with his eyes keep blinking a few times,thinking why are you here.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to sleep?" he asked,looking concerned at you.

"I... Can't sleep. So I thought I could walk around."

"Anyway,you don't have to worry about me. Now,I am worry about you,Master Denif. You should rest as well." you questioned him back. Then,you heard let out a long sigh.

"Hah... I hope so I can,(Y/N). Like you too,I can't sleep so I thought I'll stay up,working until I'll be able to sleep." he explained. So... These pass few days that he stayed awake was because he can't sleep? In the name of El,you swear if this guy keep working,you'll have yourself to pull him off from the desk by force.

"Um,if you don't mind,may you have a walk along with me? It's... Lonely." you offered,trying to find an excuse so he'll get off from the desk and relax for a while. Denif think about it for a while.

"If you want to,sure." he said,getting up from his seat and have both of you leave the room.

◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦◈♦

Don't even know for how long you two have walk around,but you're actually enjoying his company. It's rare to have a pleasant conversations like this with him. You get an opportunity to get know about him more. In daytime,you can't talk to him properly,unless it's an important thing,because he's way too busy. Weird that you're actually more closer to Rosso. You can consider him as a dear friend.

After a while of walking,Denif lead a way to the water lilies pond,one of your favorite place to go if you want to be alone. Perhaps,this is also one of his favorite spot?

When you both arrived,your eyes went sparkling. The pond looks even more heavenly plus with the moon shine brightly above you two. The water shines,clear as crystal. The scenery is just breathtaking.

"You... Like this spot,right? I saw you went here for a few times." Denif spoke out,without having his eyes contact to you. You widened your eyes a little,can't believe he actually notices the little thing of your favorite.