{Chapter 36} Even If You Were A Sucky Girlfriend

{Chapter 36} Even If You were a sucky girlfriend

Danny.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

Why did I let her walk out? I should have just turned around and kissed her.

"Go after her." Catherine's voice rang out and my head snapped to hers.

"What?"

"You've been moping and regretting for the past hour and a half. I know I didn't come here to expect you to take me back, so I'm telling you to go after her." She says plainly, crossing her arms.

"Okay?"

"What are you still doing here? Danny, I was in your past, a failed relationship and how much I wish I did things differently, you would never know but right now, it looks like she is your future. Go after her, find her and kiss her, make up. Do whatever you sappy couples do," She instructs and I finally get what she is saying.

"Okay." I take a deep breath. "Okay, I'm going," Grabbing my coat and keys, I turn back to Catherine one more time.

"Thanks Catty, you were always a good friend, even if you were a sucky girlfriend."

"I know."

The drive there, I went slow, thinking about what I was going to say to her and coming up with all of the possible scenarios.

What I didn't except was the one I saw.

"Faye?" I knocked on the door, to see it's slightly ajar, then open it up slightly. That's when everything went in slow motion. "Faye?" Panic rose up and then I saw the image that will be forever imprinted in my memory.

Her bloody broken unconscious body lying on the floor, bleeding to death.

"Faye, shit, sweetheart," in a second I was by her side checking for a pulse.

It was there but faint.

Too faint.

"911, what's your emergency?" The monotone voice said.

"Um, help please! I just found my girlfriend, she's bleeding out, please help! Um, I don't know if she's breathing!"

"Okay sir. Calm down, where are you?"

"Um, Oceanside apartments? I don't know the street, please, it's apartment 221b, please help. She can't die, please don't let her die!" I plead into the phone and the dispatcher gives me another set of instructions. I wrap her up in a towel and other paper towels and carry her to the front lobby, hoping, pleading, begging that she will make it. The ambulance comes, and they load her.

"Please let me go with her, I'll stay out of the way! Please!" I beg and finally the EMT leads me to a seat I the corner. They start yelling out random things, panic fills the small van.

Then there is a silence

There shouldn't be a silence.

There should be a beeping of a heart monitor.

"No, no, no, No! No! Faye, come on sweetheart, wake up, please. I need you, Mikey needs you. I'm so sorry! Please, please, please," I beg, the tears falling freely down my cheeks, and turn to the EMT's to do something. They looks at me for just a second when one of them yells out.

"Get me an emergency A-fib! Set to 150!" He's handed one of those paddles and they cut open her dress, which was in bare tatters for some reason. He charges the paddles and sets them to her chest. "One two three!"

The paddles hit her chest, unlike the movies she doesn't jump but the monitor beeps once and then...

Silence