{Chapter 3} Stutter Boy!

Chapter 3~Stutter Boy!

Danny

Oh, god. This is really good. I bit into the cupcake and savored the taste. Olivia's Bakery was one of my favorite places on earth. I stepped out to get soaked by rain. Shit! God, I hate the rain. I looked around and vaguely, I saw a figure. Then I saw a pair of headlights heading towards the silhouette. Holy fuck, somebody's going to get hit! I reacted on impulse. Dropping the delicious cupcake I sprinted and pushed the figure out of the way, the car kept driving into the distance. By now I was soaked by rain and splattered with mud. I had landed in some muddy, rocky area by the side of the road. The person, a girl, was completely still. I gripped the head and flinched when I felt a thick liquid seep onto my skin. I turned the person over and saw the Fayelynn, her eyes were closing and I gripped her tighter.

"No! Fayelynn, stay with me! Keep your eyes open! Come on!" but she had closed her eyes and the rain raced down her beautiful face, her dark brown hair soaked I saw her phone, still gripped in her hand and grabbed it and dialed

"911, what's you emergency," the operator said

"Yes, hi, Um, I just pushed a girl out of the road, a car was about to hit her and she hit her head on a rock and she's bleeding and unconscious and I don't know what to do. It's really dark and raining really hard,"

"Okay, sir, stay calm, where are you?"

"I am outside Olivia's bakery! I don't know the address," I yelled

"I know where that is, help is on the way,"

"Okay, what should I do? She is losing a lot of blood,"

"Take a piece of extra cloth and apply pressure to the wound, if you have any," I immediately toke off my jacket and pressed it up against her head. She moved a little but then was still again.

"No! Come on, Faye, wake up. I saw how much you care for your brother, he needs you. You have to wake up!"

. Sirens wailed in the distance and down the road, I saw lights flashing. I needed to get her out of the side of the road. Picking her up bridal style, and trying to keep her head supported, I stood up and adjusted her in my arms, so that I could carry her across the street. I started to move towards the parking lot and saw the sirens getting closer. The rain was pounding faster and harder and I was soaked to the bone. There was not a dry spot on me. The sirens got closer and I could see a police car come into view as I got to the other side of the street.

"Help! Help! Over Here somebody!" I yelled out, even though my voice was being drowned out by the rain, "HELP! OVER HERE!!" Thankfully they heard me and pulled into the parking lot of the bakery. The ambulance pulled over next to me and two men got out with a stretcher.

"Okay, son, place her down here," one EMT instructed. I gently placed her on the cart and tried to let go, but her hand was tightly gripping mine. She moved her head and mumbled something.

"Faye? Fayelynn? Wake up! God, please be okay," I prayed and she mumbled something more, I leaned closer to hear her,

"Mikey, get Mikey," she mumbled

"Mikey! Where is he? Come on!" It was too late.

"Son, we have to take her, meet us at the nearest hospital but also get a statement collected from the officers," the EMT spoke

"Yes, thanks you, where is the hospital?"

"Saint John's on Samoa Street," with that they carted Fayelynn off. As I watched the ambulance go off into the dark wet distance I felt a buzzing in my hand, Fayelynn's phone. I picked it up and heard a woman start to yell.