Chapter 10

Lucifer woke up with his bones aching. "Did I do too much running in training?" he thought to himself. He went outside of his den and sniffed the air. " Ah, never mind, it rained" He whispered. Lucifer went to grab something to eat before training. He went in the den to see Dakari eating on the far side of the den. "Well good mornin'! Wake up achin' as well?" Dakari asked. 

"Yep, at least a slept well." Lucifer replied. 

"Aye! Speakin' of which, I reckon we'll graduate soon!" Dakari said with a cheerful smile. 

"You're right, hopefully Hazel recovers."

"Well I'm sure she will mate! She ain't the type to give up too easily! Mark my words!" Dakari continued.

Lucifer paused to eat the rabbit he had grabbed from the pile.

"Well ya know, some hybrid's think that Jax might be sick as well" Dakari mentioned

"Really?" Lucifer question

The two hybrid talked among themselves, when suddenly they heard Hazel:   "I need everyone's-" before she could finish, a painful, wicked cough arose from her throat. "Attention.." she finished. Lucifer and Dakari rushed outside and sat outside the den. Melissa walked over and sat near them. 

Hazel began again :"I want to first announce that there has been reports of various hybrids in the area. The pack that they are in is unknown, but Lucas and Luther have been checking into it lately." Hazel stopped to let out another cough, and then she paused to redeem herself. Soon she continued: "Also, we have lost two more hybrids to the spreading sickness. If you are related to these hybrids, you already know where to find them. And finally, I would like to promote 6 of our hybrids today. and they're names are Keith, Dakota, Lucifer, Dakari, Melissa and Shani. However because of tradition you are to take a final, to test all of your abilities. Which I will be given to you in the form of a quest. I expect to see all of you in my den when you are ready to begin! Dismissed!" Hazel finished.

Shani and Keith rushed over to Lucifer and the other hybrids. "Ya 'ear that?! Just as I was talkin' bout it L!" Dakari said. 

"No need to thank me guys! I tried my hardest to work for everyone!" Keith said proudly

"Yea, were not thanking you cause you didn't do a thing, asshole." Shani replied.

"I'm sure we all did something if we all got promoted! Plus Keith, you're too lazy to even try to work for anyone but yourself!" Melissa mentioned.

"Well that's a nicer way to put it, at least we made it." Shani murmured.

The hybrids looked up to see Dakota approaching. "Hey everyone what'd I miss? Besides our promotion." Dakota asked.

"Nothing important, your brother's being arrogant as usual." Lucifer answered. 

"Or in other words he's being the asshole he is, I understand!" Dakota responded.

"The fuck I do to deserve this?" Keith asked angrily.

"You were being an asshole.." Dakota and Shani said.

"Well, when should we begin the quest?" Lucifer questioned.

"I well I reckon we ought-a eat for we set out on this quest, who knows, it could last more than 4 seasons!" Dakari suggested.

"He's right, lets get plenty of rest and food, then we'll set out!" Melissa insisted.

The hybrids all split up to get ready for the quest. Keith immediately went to sleep, Shani and Dakari set out to hunt for everyone so they didn't eat everything in the pile for everyone else. Lucifer, Melissa and Dakota went to get some water. Rather than drinking the water, Lucifer stared up at the sky. "Hey, um.. you alright there Lucifer?" Dakota asked. "Yeah you don't seem so well, what's up buddy?" Melissa added. 

"I'm just worried about Hazel.. She put so much effort into that Domain, what I'm trying say is she doesn't deserve to be sick. I get angry thinking about it at times, but that's pretty much it." Lucifer expressed. 

"I'm sure she'll be alright Lucifer." Dakota said leaning on his shoulder.

Lucifer look over towards Dakota to see her face, "Why does she always do that..? It's not irritating.. does she like me?" Lucifer thought to himself. Melissa looked at the two then she quickly looked away. "Hopefully she doesn't... like him-" Melissa thought. "Well I'm just gonna head back and get something to eat! You guys coming..?"

"Yep!" Lucifer replied quickly. Lucifer quickly jumped up and followed Melissa. "Oh.. Well, alright." Dakota responded. 

Soon enough they reached their location to see Lucas waiting at the entrance of the Domain. "Hello everyone. Hello Lucifer." Lucas began. "Hey Mr. L! How are you?!" Melissa "I'm doing quite well." Lucas paused. "I wanted to tell Lucifer something, but your his friends so I suppose you could know." Everyone paused. They all looked at each other then looked back at Lucas. "Well?" Lucas asked. "Alright. What is it Dad?" Lucifer questioned. "You're gonna be a big brother that's what!" Lucas said proudly. Lucifer sat stunned. "Wha- I'll be 16 years older than them! I never even met their mom!" Lucifer scolded. Lucas replied "So? I was 20 years older than your uncle. May our ancestors watch over him-" "Fine Dad. I'm done arguing. Don't ever think I'll forget this." Lucifer murmured darkly. Lucifer walked off angrily. Lucas watched him, unashamed. Dakota quickly dashed after Lucifer with no hesitation. "Congratulations Mr. Lucas! Have a great day!" Melissa said before darting off herself.

Meanwhile with Luther..

"Dad's so stupid! He never notices my hard work! He always praises 'Lucifer' even though that piece of shit appreciates nothing!" Luther said digging his claws into the outsider. "I-I don't know what you're talking about! Please just let me go! I won't come here anymore! I'll do anything just spare me!" The outsider begged. Luther dug his claws deeper into the poor outsider. "Then do this for me-" Luther said darkly while lifting his bloody paw.                                "Stay still."