Chapter 4

Lucifer and the others impatiently waited for directions. Whispers and mummers ran throughout the crowd of hybrids. "Is it going to be hunters?" a voice whispered. " It has to be another pack!" a different  voice growled. " It's going to be a storm, see! Look at the clouds!" barked an older voice. Lucifer, Shani and Dakari looked up. It was a blue sky with very little clouds. They all looked at each other confused. "Attention!" Hazel barked. Everyone fell silent. they all looked up at Hazel, who was standing on the cliff across from her cave. " There has been an alert about nearby bears-" Hazel announced. "According to my auxiliary, they are hostile, and that everyone needs to follow the escape protocol-"  A large roar came from the entrance, interrupting Hazel. Two black bears and four brown bears were rampaging throughout the Domain. "What should we do!?" Lucifer asked. Dakari looked at him and responded, "We wait for the auxiliary to lead us somewhere safe!" All the older hybrids, such as Lucas, was fighting. "Bradley! Where are you brother!!" Melissa yowled. Lucifer didn't think twice about running towards her. "Lucifer h-have you seen my b-brother!?" Melissa barked. "No, but we'll find him" Lucifer responded. Melissa stared at him for a moment, Melissa thought: "Why am I staring at him? Please tell me I don't have a crush again-" 

The two hybrids were nearly speeding across the Domain. Growls and snapping heard across the battle field. "Brad!!! BRADLEY!!" Lucifer shouted. He continued on. He looked back to see the auxiliary wasn't there yet. "What's taking him so long?" Lucifer thought. He looked to his right to see the auxiliary escaping for his own sake. "That piece of shit!"  Lucifer thought, not daring to repeat it out loud. "I'll get back to you-"

After looking around for awhile, Lucifer heard a voice, "Melissa!!" the voice called. Sounded like Brad's voice. Lucifer ran over to the sound. Brad was sitting behind the food cave. "YOU! Have you seen my sister!? Tell me!" Bradley demanded. Lucifer wanted to say: Why should I?, but he held his emotions in. Lucifer responded "She's over here follow m-"  A yowl broke out across the camp, interrupting Lucifer. However, it wasn't Melissa's. "There she is! Melissa!!" Bradley yowled. Bradley and Lucifer ran over to Melissa who was watching the battle in fear. "Melissa!" Lucifer shouted. She turned around and ran straight to her brother. "Are you okay?" Bradley questioned. "Who cares! Emma is in danger!" Melissa barked. She pointed her nose to the smallest bear, in which was bigger and taller than them. It was crushing Emma with it's paw, as if it didn't hear her screams. "H-HELP ME!" Emma screeched. Lucifer watched in horror. Melissa quickly jumped onto the bear's face, scratching it's face violently. The bear began pressing down harder on Emma's torso. Lucifer growled "She's making it worse! Bradley we got to-" Before Lucifer could finish, Bradley had tried attacking it's legs. "Time to show what dad taught you, Lucifer." Lucifer thought. Lucifer ran around the beast and jumped on it's back. He quickly locked onto his neck and refused to let go. The bear raged, and let Emma go. The bear began to stand up and slash at the angry wolves. Lucifer lost grip and fell on his back. He was dazed, everything was spinning. He looked up to see Bradley attempt to aim at the bear's face. "BRADLEY WAIT-" Lucifer stopped. It was too late- Bradley had jumped. Lucifer stared at the bloody body. The bear's jaws held Brad by his neck, Bradley was  completely still.