Chapter 5

Melissa sat in the Medic's cave. Lucifer was laying down, waiting to get something to help with his back pains and other injuries. Emma was laying on the floor across from Lucifer. Melissa sat there, with a blank face. "M-Melissa..?" Lucifer shuttered. She looked at him. with the same face expression. Lucifer was deathly tired, everything was blurry, but he wanted to know what happened with the others. " I'm sorry- but were are the others?" Lucifer asked. Tears began to fill her eyes. "Dakari,  Keith and Shani made it out fine enough, Dakota got stuck across her back, but she's fine. Emma might n-not make it and Brad-" She paused. Lucifer stared at her, feeling for her but not expressing it. "He was alive when we got him here but he died eventually.."  she muttered. "Miriam?" she asked. "How is Emma doing?!" Melissa demanded. It was as if she never felt bad for her brother. A shadow emerged from cave. It was a long- haired female with grayish- purple fur, she had a purple eye and a green eye. " I'll check dear-" said Miriam. She took her nose and nudged Emma. She didn't move. Miriam attempted to nudge her again. After nudging her again, Miriam's eyes went dull. "She's gone Melissa, I'm so sorry dear-" Before she could finish Melissa ran away. Miriam looked back at Lucifer. "Let's tend to your wounds, young one."

Everyone was crowded around the cliff of Hazel's den. Melissa sat next to Lucifer and Dakota. Lucifer didn't sleep, so he was dozing off.  Melissa was broken. She had lost her friend and brother in the same day. Dakota didn't cry over Emma's death, but she was hurt. That was her cousin after all, Emma was her cousin. She could be irritating but she still cared about her. Keith was angry, he didn't cry. Before all of this started, while they were waiting for Kiaro- wait, where was he? Lucifer noticed Kiaro's absence. He looked around restlessly. "Alright everyone, there are somethings we need to discuss-" Hazel demanded. Lucifer looked up to see his father shove Kairo to the space in front of the crowd. Lucifer stared at Kiaro, angriliy. "Kiaro, for breaking protocol rules and putting these trainees in harm's way, causing three to get injured and two to get killed, you will punished for your crimes. However, it is for the the parents of these trainees to decide." Hazel growled. Two brown hybrids stepped up, they looked like Melissa and Brad's parents. One was dark brown with green eyes, his ear had a bite mark on the side, he was very fluffy. The other was very tall and light brown, she had yellow eyes and she was very short haired. Then another hybrid stepped she looked just like Emma, then again to assume. Instead her eyes were magenta, which was rare. She had purple fur and blue spots. " We are Mary and Braxton, we stand for Melissa and Bradley-" Mary pronounced. "I'm the mother of Emma, My name is Lesley, I'll be standing for my niece, Dakota as well" Lesley stated. "I'm Lucas, I'll be standing for my son Lucifer." Lucas declared. Kiaro looked at their faces, nearly begging for mercy through his expression. "What do you suggest?" Hazel said darkly. "For our son's death and our daughter's injuries he should be sent to the bears himself!" Mary snarled. Kiaro stepped back in shock. Not a tear fled from Mary's eyes, however, Braxton's was full of tears. "I think he should be exiled! Sent to see the struggles of the world first hand!" Lesley barked. "Maybe we should remove him ourselves.." Lucas muttered. "Alright! I have decided-" Hazel barked. Kiaro looked up at Hazel. "You'd really put your Domain, over your mate?" Kiaro whined. Hazel looked down on him.  "We were mates-" Hazel growled "Before you decided that you needed more than one! Matter a fact two! Three!" Kiaro shuttered "W-Wait! I-It was an accident! I d-didn't mean   to-"  "Quiet! I've grown tired of this-" Hazel snarled. "Your punishment will be banishment." Kiaro looked up at her with his tail between his legs. He slowly walked out of the clan. "Now, Lucas, Fiona- bury these poor hybrids.." Hazel ordered. "You did not deserve to leave so early..." Hazel murmured."Also, Jax, you will be the next auxiliary". A green and purple hybrid jumped up from the crowd. Her barely mad it on the ledge Hazel was standing on. "Alright everyone, time to rest." She announced. "You're all dismissed" 

Everyone scattered across the battle-stained domain and went into their dens. Lucifer looked to at the entrance to see Dakota, Melissa, Braxton, and Mary leaving. Out of curiosity, Lucifer followed. After some traveling he saw Dakota. He sat in the bushes looking at her. Dakota's ears twitched "I know you're there-" Dakota shuttered. "But at this point, I don't give a shit if you kill me or not." Lucifer sat stunned, then he stepped out of the bush. In front of him was a glistening river, that was bright because of the moon. 

"You're Dakota right?" Lucifer questioned. "Yes? You're Lucifer- I know I'm right." Dakota said, darkly. Lucifer took a seat next to her. Tears rolled down her face. "I didn't know how much I cared her until she left-" Dakota shuttered. Lucifer looked at the dug up grass, where Emma's body lay beneath. Dakota looked up at the black sky. "She always looked up to me- Even though we were the same age. I always found it irritating, but really, she enjoyed every bit of it." Dakota sighed. Lucifer looked next to him. A little ways away was a bright yellow flower that was sitting alone, in a small patch of grass. Lucifer got up, grabbed the flower out of the ground. "Here." Lucifer mumbled. Dakota looked at Lucifer. The yellow dangled from his mouth. Lucifer slowly put down the flower and nudged it closer to Dakota. Dakota picked up the flower and planted it on Emma's grave. Dakota smiled. "Thanks... That made me feel a little better about myself." Dakota sighed. "Ever lost anyone that you thought you didn't care about, but it hurts you to know their gone-"  "I lost my mom." Lucifer barked. He stared at the ground. "I never got to meet her actually. She died giving birth to me. At least that's what my dad said.." Lucifer murmured. " My mom actually left us after my dad left. Then we met Dakari." Dakota admitted. "Next thing you know we found ourselves here. Funny right?" Dakota snickered. Lucifer nodded. They both looked at the dark sky ahead of them. Dakota leaned on Lucifer's shoulder. "WHY IS SHE ON MY SHOULDER!? SWEET GODS ABOVE-" Lucifer thought, while panicking. "You're not a bad friend, Lucifer. Thank you." Dakota uttered. Then she got up and walked away. Lucifer sat there for a little longer. Then he decided to head back. He saw someone else in the bushes, they quickly darted away after Lucifer had noticed their presence. 

As soon as Lucifer got back to camp he went straight to his cavern. At last, he slept.