Chapter 8

"That's all for today amigos! Great work out there! Lets head back!" Jax announced.

Lucifer drug himself back to the Domain, every part of his body aching. It was dark outside, they had been training since early this morning. "Hey L!" Shani spoke. "Hey Shani, what is it?" Lucifer asked. 

"I noticed your face earlier, there's something wrong.. isn't it?" Shani assumed.

Lucifer slowed his pace. He thought about what his father said to him earlier, "Why am I so worried?"  Lucifer thought to himself.

"N-No. Nothing that matters anyway." Lucifer implied.

Shani glared at him, but he didn't dare to look away this time.

"Whether you know it or not, I'm your friend. I can't make you say anything, especially if I don't know what's going on.. but if you need me, just tell me." Shani added. 

Before Lucifer could open his mouth, Shani darted away. He slowly made his way back to the Domain. Lucifer began to hear a noise behind him. He quickly turned around and sniffed the air. The smell was familiar..but who was it?  Lucifer unsheathed his claws. A growl arose from the dark forest. Lucifer growled in return. "Whoever it is, they're stronger than me, and they're older than me." Lucifer thought to himself. The growl got louder. Who is this? Lucifer began to panic. "What should I do? Should I run? I'm tired of running... What should I do?"  Suddenly the figure jumped out towards Lucifer, knocking him across the forest floor. Lucifer's vision was blurry. The figure seemed to to have blood-colored fur and yellow eyes. Suddenly Lucifer recognized the figure. "Dad?!" Lucifer questioned. The figure stopped.  "Lucifer? Is that you?"Lucas asked. Lucifer nodded quickly. "I'm so sorry.. I thought you were-" Lucas paused. "Someone else-" Lucifer shook himself off. "Wait.. who-" " Ah! There's my other boy!" Lucas interrupted. Before Lucifer could start again, Luther jumped from the darkness ahead of them. "Hey Dad! What is this even about?" Luther questioned. "Just extra training! Is it wrong to want to spend time with my boys?" Luther and Lucifer fell silent. "Well, There's no reason to wait around! Lets begin!"

Lucifer was out of breath. They had been training for awhile now, Lucifer wanted to ask his father if he could leave, but he couldn't find the courage to do so. "Alright boys, using what I taught you, try to fight each other." Lucas said proudly. Luther quickly unsheathed his claws. Lucifer hesitated, that was his brother! "Why is he in such a rush to hurt me?" Lucifer thought to himself. "Lucifer! What are you waiting for?! Come at me!" Luther insisted. Lucifer looked at his paws. "Well... here I go-" Lucifer thought. 

Lucifer took a deep breath and pounced towards his brother. With a single slash Luther was down, but he quickly got up and pushed Lucifer over, making him lose his balance. Lucifer tried to get up as soon as he could but Luther pressed his head towards the ground. "I did it Dad! Are you proud of me?" Luther said. "I will be when you pay attention to your opponent." Lucas responded looking Lucifer in the eye. Lucifer kicked Luther in his stomach with his hind legs. He fell and layed on the ground next to Lucifer in pain. Lucifer drug himself up and looked at his father, who was staring at his brother. "Luther, don't let yourself get over confident. Just because your older than your brother does not mean you can best him by holding him down. Break that habit, would you? It's becoming annoying." Lucas scolded. Luther's ears flattened and he put his face between his paws. Lucas turned his head towards Lucifer. A assuring smile ran across Lucas' face. "You've impressed me today Lucifer. You've done well with defending yourself, and you're quick at regaining strength. In other words, I'm proud of you. Keep this up and maybe you can take me on someday." Lucas noted. "You all should get some rest, head back to the Domain when you're ready." 

Luther dug his claws in the dirt. Lucifer felt bad for his brother. "He was too harsh on him.." Lucifer thought. Lucifer approached his brother and sat next to him. "I don't need your sympathy. Go away." Luther insisted. "You should head back too. You can't stay out here, it's too dangerous." Lucifer added. "I do what I want, now leave me alone you little shit.." Luther replied, angrily. Lucifer began again: "Not until you come with me, a bear or a loner could-" Before he could finish, a swift slash went across Lucifer's eye. Luckily, Lucifer could still see from it, but everything was blurry. "I said leave me alone! Fuck off before I blind you completely!" Luther scolded. Lucifer slowly walked away from his brother. "Why am I such an idiot! I should've just left him alone! But no, I had to feel bad for him! Now I'm gonna go blind in one eye! That could throw off my skills forever!" Lucifer thought angrily.

Lucifer cleaned his face off in the river. He could see out of his right eye, but not as well as his left. "Well, at least I can see.." Lucifer whispered. Lucifer shook the water off his face, just for him to notice the scar. It was a single claw mark, which stretched from his eyelid to his muzzle. "He didn't hit me directly. His aim must have been off." Lucifer thought. Lucifer made his way to the Domain.

Lucifer had arrived at his destination. He noticed his father, who was back guarding the entrance to the Domain. "That's a nasty scar you got there son. Any trouble around the Domain?" Lucas questioned. "Well-" Lucifer began. "Where do I begin?" Lucifer panicked. 

"Did you have a scuffle with your brother after I left?" Lucas asked. 

"Well, kinda.." Lucifer continued. 

"Did your brother get hurt in this situation?" Lucas went on.

"No-" Lucifer mumbled.

"Oh.. I understand." Lucas growled.

"He's not in trouble, is he?" Lucifer uttered

Lucas quickly replied: "Oh no! We just need to talk things over. You should head to bed now. Sweet dreams.."